Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 01:02:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And all I got was a chunk of coal.... (Read 5990 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

And all I got was a chunk of coal....
12/25/20 at 17:10:35

Did anyone get anything cool for a Christmas present?
While I didn't get any Decware stuff I did get some cool woodworking tools so that I can build new stuff.
A Incra miter gauge is here and a Incra table saw fence is on order but 12 weeks out.

I also have high hopes for next year.
I'm starting to get the itch to buy something with 2.3 watts.
Hmmm wonder who sells something like that?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: And all I got was a chunk of coal....
Reply #1 - 12/25/20 at 17:28:27

i got some cool beekman hair soap!  8-)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/25/20 at 18:08:07

I got no audio presents. . . at least so far. . . Wink My wife and I decided not to give each other presents and donated to those with more needs instead. My Dad gives us gifts via my sister (who does the work!) and he gave me a long sleeved t-shirt that says "I want to be the person my dog thinks I am." I guess that means my dog thinks I am slimmer as the shirt is too small!

It's been a weird Xmas. My big fun the last few years has been seeing my littlest neices and my wife's littlest nieces and nephews. And that isn't happening any holiday this past year or into the near future. I hope that changes in the future.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 12/25/20 at 19:16:21

I'm sure it's been at best an odd Christmas for everyone this year.  Many of the normal big family gatherings toasted...  My 80 year mother so afraid of getting Covid she's canceled Thanksgiving and Christmas... so a little more time this year listening to music!

As for cool stuff, I bought myself a present -- and since our customers make it all possible, it's technically from all of you, so thank you!

Grateful Dead take-up reels for the ol' tape machine.

So again, thank you and have a merry Christmas!

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 12/25/20 at 20:55:41

Steve, I wouldn't have thought of you as a Deadhead.

Damn dirty smelly hippies!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Donnie

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 12/25/20 at 21:54:27

Well...my Christmas/Birthday gift was the Torii MKIV with Type II beeswax caps and the KT66 upgrade.   With some extra Christmas cash from family members, I decided I am going to spring for the Anniversary mods and go all in.   Build date should be in like February/March.  Needless to say 2021 will be a very musical year.  Now all I have to do is call Sarah for the changes.  

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/25/20 at 22:10:24

Dom,

Congratulations 🎅🎅. I think adding the 25th Anniversary modifications is the right move. You'll save on shipping charges and have the ultimate Torii MKIV amplifier

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #7 - 12/26/20 at 07:30:23

Steve..  What the Holy Heck!?  You must elaborate on that tape.  I read your post and am looking at that reel and there is way too much left to the imagination.  Knowing my obsession for analog tape and my effort to do it proper, please enlighten me with regard to what quite possibly could be the sexiest reel I have every laid my eyes on.   Shocked

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 12/26/20 at 16:18:05

I found them on eBay from a guy called Righteous Reels / J. Farrar.  

Hehe, I knew it someone would have to have a pair... ; )

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 12/26/20 at 16:44:24

All I can say is "Trippy, .....Dude".

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/26/20 at 19:20:27

purple microdots, windowpane, red blotter, and orange barrel!
Shocked

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 12/26/20 at 19:42:29

...watch the reels go round and round. Good for hours of entertainment in the late '60s!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 12/28/20 at 15:20:31

I love it Steve!!!

I most fun and relevant gift was a Weller WE 1010 soldering station.  Never done any soldering beyond tinning wires/soldering wires together (ham-fisted things).  Have a few cheap DIY electronics kits arriving this week for me to 'learn' on, then I plan on doing a Bottlehead kit and/or the Amp Camp kit.

Also a good excuse to actually learn what components (resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, etc.) do functionally, how they interact vs. just the definition on Wikipedia.

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #13 - 12/29/20 at 22:23:54

Sevearl weeks ago I found a Dual 1264 turntable sitting out on the curb along with a few other furniture "take it - free" items. So, I thought what the hell, I'll see if I can make it sing again. Well after some hours of cleaning, lubricating, and tutorials on youtube I've got it playing just fine. Spent approx $140 (steuerpimple, 1/2" cart adapter, new Ortofon super OM10 cart, cartridge alighnment tool and soldering in new RCA output cables. And some fine adjustments for automatic needle drop point and lift points. If it wasn't for covid I would have likely never taken on this project. But, I'm glad I did....listening to "friday night in san francisco"- DiMeola, Mclaughlin, DeLucia right now on a 2nd cheap system in xtra bedroom. Sounds pretty damn good!

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/30/20 at 17:49:52

Ace, that's an interesting story! Those old Dual turntables weren't bad at all  ;)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print