03/28/24 at 18:19:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Switchbox ZSB (Read 3412 times)
Johnx
Verified Member

Zen Switchbox ZSB
12/03/20 at 20:40:14

Hello I am new to this forum and I would appreciate your guidance. My DAC Gustard A22 has limited outputs and I have 3 headphone amplifiers. What I would like to do is connect my laptop by USB to the DAC then connect that to the Zen from which I can connect to the individual headphone amps and switch between them. Is this a reasonable use of the Zen?

Thank you

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Zen Switchbox ZSB
Reply #1 - 12/03/20 at 20:54:46

JohnX- I just rec'd my ZBox a few weeks ago and am using it in a standard configuration. As I understand it, it can be used in either direction i.e. 4 in X 2 out OR 2 in X 4 out. Steve can fabricate it just about anyway you wish so don't be afraid to reach out to the Zen Master. Keep us posted, I am happy as heck with mine. Happy listening, Chris.            

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Kruegs
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/02/21 at 02:21:33

Hey Chris, how long did you have to wait for your switch box?
I am thinking about ordering one.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 05/04/21 at 01:43:59

Kruegs - Sorry for the late reply. I ordered mine last year, maybe end of June when Steve posted a 10% coupon. Must have taken about three months, which I learned long ago, order it and forget it. I was still fully functional with out the switchbox, but with it it is an easier thing for the other family members to use the system. Great product, no signal loss that I can detect. As with everything from Decware, totally satisfied. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
HThiara
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/12/21 at 00:35:04

Greetings from GB,
Can the ZSB used to switch speakers?
Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/12/21 at 19:09:54

Quote:
Can the ZSB used to switch speakers?

The ZSB is not made for that job. Terminating speaker wire with RCA plugs would be highly impractical, and the SB wire gauge is too thin for that purpose in any case. The ZSB is for interconnects only.

Enter "speaker selector box" in your browser search to find what you're looking for from sellers in GB.

IP Logged
HThiara
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 05/13/21 at 00:17:38

Most obliged for your explanations.  Then Luxman AS 55 it is, thankfully that is available off the shelf.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print