Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:37:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Original Klipsch Heresy and the SE84UFO (Read 4803 times)
Marbia
Verified Member

Original Klipsch Heresy and the SE84UFO
11/03/20 at 16:17:00

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience with pairing the SE84UFO and the Heresy I speakers? I would love to hear what you think about this match. Any feedback would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Original Klipsch Heresy and the SE84UFO
Reply #1 - 01/10/21 at 20:32:34

Dont see any responses and i was looking fot the same info! I have my brothers H1’s that I am updating with Crites drivers/ crossover. I just sent payment for the UFO so will see.....

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
drD
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/17/21 at 03:33:10

Sorry so late here. I have the Heresy II which is similar. Sound is incredible.  Really a great match with the little Zen. Here’s a sample.
https://youtu.be/NgAzhK730NE

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/17/21 at 03:48:27

No worries glad you posted! Very nice set up and love that LP picked it up myself 6 months ago. I do believe the H1’s will sound great thanks for the note😎

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Greg
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/18/21 at 04:34:30

Chiming in a little late here.

I can’t speak to the UFO amps, but I do have a pair of stock H2s  hooked up to my Decware SV83 Monos. It really is a nice match.

SV83 Monos, Blue Torii, Omega Alnicos, Klipsch Heresy II, CJ PV10A, Transcendent Grounded Grid.
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/18/21 at 11:20:24

Monos are very intriguing! So the H2s have two sets of binding post per speaker? That is required for monos is it not?

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 05/18/21 at 13:54:13

Quote:
Posted by: Bilyeaux      Posted on: Today at 11:20:24
Monos are very intriguing! So the H2s have two sets of binding post per speaker? That is required for monos is it not?

Intriguing indeed! I've been using a pair of UFOs configured as balanced monos for the last 6 months and they sound fantastic! You only use 2 speaker terminals per monobloc, you can see the the details towards the end of the manual.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/18/21 at 20:45:32

Cool thanks I’ll read up on it, getting close (30 days or so) till my UFO2 build starts,

IP Logged
duaneh
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 05/19/21 at 00:37:21

My Heresy 1s were from the distant past, purchased through the PX in Germany in '78.  Made a couple babies in the 80s and had to sell them for formula but dreamt of having another pair, until a year ago when with the kids safely off the payroll I got a new set of IIIs and a SE84UFO25.  The low watts and the occasional talk of the Heresy's low end not being hefty enough gave me pause, but I couldn't be happier. I think the updated 1s hooked to a UFO2 will sound great.

Decware SE84UFO25, ZROCK2, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (with Modwright modifications), Klipsch Heresy IIIs, Forte IVs, Mapleshade Double Helix 2 speaker wire, Decware DSR I/Cs, Brickwall surge protector, DHC-1 and Audiocrast power cords, Qobuz/Roon
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 05/19/21 at 02:35:39

I grew up with these speakers. My older brother purchased in 74’. I was 15 and he introduced me to the audio world, how to handle a turtable and Jazz. I was probably the only 15 year old listening to Klemer, Gato, Micheal Franks. He passed 3 years ago and I recieved all his music and these original Heresys, he never touched. Rebuilt all drivers and crossovers and sound great! Cant wait to hear tubes! He would be proud........

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print