Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:52:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Decware clone (Read 3652 times)
bobc

My Decware clone
11/03/20 at 14:02:38

Casework is repurposed picture framing. Plate is laser cut 3mm stainless. 1% parts, Audyn Copper Caps etc. I have some OPT on order from Transcendar. Currently using some $17.95 Amazon OPT to test, they are better than I would have expected.

This is essentially a Select, but I used some of the ZKIT anniversary mods to guide some upgrades, bypass PS caps/Hazen mod etc.

I was on the fence about the meters, my goal was to push my envelope in terms of the build quality and technical. They were incredibly helpful in diagnostics, and remain helpful when a tube is on the edge...

Grateful that these designs are out there, and for something to keep my busy during these crazy times!

Happy to answer any questions.

IMG_2346.jpg
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Re: My Decware clone
Reply #1 - 11/03/20 at 16:07:32

Damn Dude, that is one fine looking clone!

I sure hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Dennis

IP Logged
bobc

Reply #2 - 11/03/20 at 16:28:30

Thank you. That was my goal. Found a service to laser cut stainless. It sounds great so far. Awaiting some custom OPT to finish it off.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/03/20 at 18:36:50

Looks good. I bet the picture does not do it justice!
What OPTs are you going to put in?

IP Logged
bobc

Reply #4 - 11/03/20 at 20:18:14

I have a set of Transcendar transformers being wound. Hopefully another week.....  6.5K into 4/8

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #5 - 12/20/20 at 16:55:12

Repurposed picture frame, love it. What a great looking job, out of my skill set. I built a Zen amp when Steve offered full kits, great adventure and it worked/sounded great when complete. That proved out the Zen concept to me and ended up with our current Decware system. What is your next project? Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print