Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are mods? (Read 2807 times)
ANS
Verified Member

What are mods?
10/06/20 at 15:36:37

Hi there,
I am new to Deware.  I just ordered the ZP3 with stock options.  What are mods, when do people order them?  Thanks so much!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: What are mods?
Reply #1 - 10/06/20 at 16:09:52

Welcome to the forums! The ZP3 is a great phono.

There are two modifications that you can have done at the factory. First, beeswax caps, this is higher quality capacitors. Second, the 25th anniversary mod is a maxed out power supply.

I have not heard the difference between modded and nonmodded. Everything I've read is the mods take a great amp to the next level.  bottom line if you can, just get the mods and enjoy.

If it's a possibility now, get the mods. If not you will need to send the amp back to the mothership and get upgraded at a later date.

This is a very long tread about the development of the UFO25th, after Steve finished that work of art, transferred the knowledge to his other designs and named them the 25th Anniversary Mods.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1510887200

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 10/06/20 at 16:15:21

From the shopping cart you can order the mods, you'll see them at the bottom of the page:

Mods:      
Poly bypass cap mod - adds $140
Beeswax bypass cap mod - adds $420

As you've placed an order you can contact Sarah and she can make a revision to the order for you, and probably explain the mods.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 10/07/20 at 02:39:36

ANS - Welcome aboard! As explained, mods (modifications) are upgrades Steve has come up with after the original prototyping the units, finally deciding on the product and making it for sale...then years later when he learns something else while working on something else, he incorporates it into one of the other AMAZING products Decware makes. IF you have the cashish to part with now, get all the mods/25th anniv. things you can afford. When I bought my Decware gear, Steve didn't have the 25th anniv gear thought of much less designed. I KNOW it's better than my Decware gear with various upgraded caps etc, etc. Get what you can afford. You will not be disappointed. After over 45 years in the hobby, business I have NEVER looked back at my Decware purchases with ANY regret....hell I am on the waiting list for another piece. Ask questions on the forum and Happy Listening. Chris.
P.S. The ZP3 is the best phono stage I have had, ever. Killed my Audio Research SP-11, Modifed NYAL, Krell, VTL...you get the pic.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
ANS
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/09/20 at 15:13:05

Thanks everyone for the response.  The wait is killing me, but I value handmade authentic work of art  :).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print