03/28/24 at 17:36:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audiolab mdac plus (Read 2397 times)
AlanS
Verified Member

Audiolab mdac plus
09/26/20 at 18:02:36

Hello all. I just bought a new Audiolab MDac plus which I have connected to a Mac Mini running Audirvana and Tidal. As this is all new to me, I am wondering if any of you have experience with this dac and can offer advice on maximizing performance.

Thanks
Alan

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Audiolab mdac plus
Reply #1 - 09/28/20 at 14:20:43

I'm not familiar with the DAC or Audirvana. So no comments on that.

There are going to be settings for upsampling and possibly different filters. You might like the changes. Another possibility is it will drive you crazy switching between all the settings and options. How to access those settings you will need to look at the Audirvana manual.

The connection from your Mac to DAC the USB cable does make a difference. There are also USB signal regenerators what people have had good luck with.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
AlanS
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/29/20 at 05:55:43

Thanks Groovy! So far I am enjoying the music and tinkering with the software, who knew 20 years ago that you would need to hold a Masters degree in soft and math just to listen to music...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/29/20 at 07:41:24

No experience with this DAC but I have their transport and really feel it's an excellent component. I am sure you will continue to enjoy the DAC.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print