Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 15:08:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help... speaker locations in new house (Read 1603 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Need help... speaker locations in new house
09/10/20 at 22:58:59

Guys... I need help with the placement of my ERR speakers in my new house. If all goes well, I’ll start construction by January.  I am asking for help now because I need to figure on where the future SE84UFO25 and ERR speakers will be placed.  This way I can have home run Romex lines installed as well as my PS Audio Soloist outlets.  Unfortunately I had to scale down the project, so the only dedicated listening room I could use is a spare bedroom upstairs (not ideal) or my small home office on the first floor.

Below is a copy of my first flood house plans.  I labeled the placement of the possible speaker locations in alphabetical order of where I think would be the best location. The arrows in the drawings are shown to where I would be aiming the speakers.  The ERR’s like to be moved out into the room a bit.  Figure on a couch being placed in the center of the living room facing towards the fireplace for the most part. I’ll utilize some sort of absorption and/or diffusers panels placed throughout.  

Keep in mind that the proposed living room, kitchen, and dining room all have 10 ft. ceilings and it’s all open space.  I understand that my space has a lot constraints that is going to causea challenge with  reflection and absorption issues.  

Location A is a good since there is a solid wall behind it, but the bow window with the bump out is goin to mess with first order reflection possibly.

Location B1 is good....Music could get dispersed into the kitchen, but B2 is bad due to the the glass behind the speakers.

Location C seems ok...solid wall behind the speakers but unfortunately music would be headed towards th bow window.

Location D is not a horrible location but I feel that the music will get lost since it’s so far away from the main living room where the majority of the people would congregate.  

Location F is not good because the speakers are too close together.  

Location G is really too small of a room but a great place for the Tiny Radials, like another member indicated.  

Any input on where you feel would be the best place for the speakers and amp to be located, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.   Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Greg C

Re: Need help... speaker locations in new house
Reply #1 - 09/10/20 at 23:23:08

...my opinion....I feel the office is kind of small for that type of speaker 9x9 size of room...If everyone in the house likes to listen to music and with that style of home, I think I would have speakers in the B1 area on each side of big front window... I believe out from corner away you would be hard pressed to hear where music is coming from if in kitchen area ( at barstool countertop area ) or sitting in living room....I really feel that the radials are better in a more open area...gives them a chance to bloom....the source ( amp and so on ) can be nestled close by so as to not clutter area to much ( keep the better half happy )...if it was my new house I think that is what I would do...keep in mind if I sit and listen to music I don’t have a dedicated room I listen with headphones...if I’m working around house I’m listening to my radials (ERRs)

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
REGA PLANAR 6 / EXACT 2 MM
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #2 - 09/11/20 at 00:23:00

I agree with Greg C on where to put the primary speakers, it's the only room appropriate in that floor plan. I would also purchase a pair of Tiny Radials for the office though. Mine is 14"x14" w/ 9ft ceiling and they sound just right, according to your floor plan the space you have in the office should be perfect for a nice pair of Tr's. Good luck and congratulations.

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 09/11/20 at 08:15:31

Nick and Greg...thanks for the advice.  My current space has an open floor plan, and the ERR’s work great.  My entire first floor is getting gutted, expanded, and redone, with a new 2nd floor addition.  I originally chose to buy the ERR’s years ago due to its design with the open floor plan, and I couldn’t be happier.  

I have been leaning towards either A or B1.  My biggest concern with B1 is that they are right near my bow window which gets a lot of sunlight.  I will have to see how the light hits the speakers if they are placed there. The last thing I want is the sun to bake the speakers with the Bubbinga Wood veneer and fade them over time.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print