04/16/24 at 22:53:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spatial Audio Speakers (Read 750 times)
Redstar
Verified Member

Spatial Audio Speakers
09/03/20 at 00:07:54

I have to admit, I debated posting about this as I don't really mean to stir the proverbial sh*t pot, but  . . . I was in contact with Clayton Shaw of Spatial Audio and I inquired about the sensitivity of his M5 speakers and if they were a good match with low-powered, SET tube amps. He first told me that 6 watts should be enough, provided the amp was of a high enough quality. Okay, so far so good, as I have a Decware SET in mind. Then he inquired as to what amp specifically I was looking to pair his speakers up with and I told him I was looking at The Rachael amp and he wrote back telling me to "see if I could get a return option on the amp" as he has a Decware amp from the early 2000s (he did not specify which one) and it didn't work well with any speaker he tried. Okay, on the one hand, I could understand if he would have said, "Decware amps don't seem to be a good match with my speakers" or some variation thereof, but, y'know, to say it didn't work well with any speaker he tried sort of made me chafe a bit. Now I know, a lot of subtlety can get lost in an email, and maybe he didn't mean to sound as uncharitable as he did, but man, it kind of came off that way. In any case, it was his speakers that I wrote off and not the Decware amp, which I am still in pursuit of acquiring.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Spatial Audio Speakers
Reply #1 - 09/03/20 at 00:26:03

Wow, that sounds vague, but seems like it could be interpreted as Decware in general being suspect with many speakers.... I think I would be like you with that sort of summary and not fleshed out comment, and be inclined not to want to deal with the guy. Seems a lot of people attracted to audio can tend toward a little absolutist and bitchy. Glad we don't have much of that here!

Wink

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/03/20 at 00:26:36

Yeah, my Decware amp sounds fantastic with ALL speakers I've tried.   Cheesy

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Redstar
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/03/20 at 00:59:59

Yeah, again, like I said . . . a lot of nuance can get lost in electronic communication. I know I have fallen victim to that more than once myself. It just left sort of a bad taste in my mouth. I'd like to think that the owner and president of their company would want to be a tad more, uh, circumspect with their correspondences.

IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/06/20 at 01:08:35

I remember contacting the owner of the company at one point.  I am noit sure if I had mentioned the Decware name or not, but when I mentioned my amp was 2.3w per channel or so, he specifically said his speakers were good with at least 10w per channel, so mine would not be a good match.

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
Eldo1n
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/08/20 at 12:46:40

Thanks for sharing such a nice info.

IP Logged
Eldo1n
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 09/08/20 at 12:49:10

We have been using this for several weeks now and it seems to be going nicely.

IP Logged
Eldo1n
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 09/08/20 at 12:51:06

This works really well for us, thank you mycfavisit customer survey!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print