Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 14:05:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Double Ground Rega Turntable. (Read 1615 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Double Ground Rega Turntable.
08/19/20 at 17:30:06

Anyone with a Rega turntable also ground the bearing?

When I first setup my Rega P8 I didn’t trust the grounding through the RCAs and wrapped a wire around the bearing secured it with frog tape, then grounded that to the ZP3.

Last week the room was being painted so I unhooked everything. When resetting up the system I didn’t reattach the bearing ground.

I noticed that I was getting rice krispies on LPs that usually are dead silent.

I reattached the bearing ground and the noise went away.

On my Pro-ject table I found that I could hear a radio station faintly. When I touched the tonearm silence.

Anyone else out there double ground your turntable?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Re: Double Ground Rega Turntable.
Reply #1 - 08/20/20 at 03:32:41

I never really thought of it as "double grounding" but both the TT and tonearm ground wires are grounded to the phono preamp on my current Victor TT-81/UA-7082, as they were on the Technics SP-15/Rega 250 setup that preceded it. Never tried it with only one ground attached, so can't really comment on the difference. Both were dead silent in regards to static noise.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print