Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 09:54:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS Audio P10 question to users... (Read 2175 times)
Radarek

PS Audio P10 question to users...
08/02/20 at 00:41:04

Hello

Thinking about getting one...who is using one, what settings, worth the money?

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: PS Audio P10 question to users...
Reply #1 - 08/02/20 at 00:46:48

I have one, I also have a P15 and a Power Plant Premier. I love them. I had a P5 that I replaced with the P10--palomino has that now.

I find that they improve the sound of a system by a larger margin than any other power treatment I've tried, and the flexibility they offer in modes and settings is a great boon to tailoring the sound.

Everyone has a different idea about what is "worth the money." You should be able to get one at a discounted price as they are no longer in production. I got mine about 4 years ago at 60 percent of the list price during a sale from PS Audio . . . that tipped the scales towards me getting one as I could swing that, not the list price.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Radarek

Reply #2 - 08/02/20 at 01:24:04

Thx Lon

What power cable is feeding your PS audio?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 08/02/20 at 01:31:47

A PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12. I've been rolling power cables lately and I keep putting that one back in. That cable powers all my regenerators.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 08/02/20 at 06:38:45

I have a P10 - I figured if I start with a good foundation of power, then it's one thing I shouldn't need to worry about no matter what gear I get in the future.

That said, it had very minimal improvement on the Mystery amp...I figure it's because the big caps are black holes for noise in the power signal. My 22 year old Zen amp really comes alive with it though.

I personally don't feel like it's made a huge improvement in my system, but I'm probably an odd case in that I had rather decent power, I've run 10AWG and even 8AWG power to a dedicated outlet, and added extra grounding rods to my house to lower my resistance to ground...so yeah, my power game was on point before the P10.

Still, it was an easily noticeable improvement on my Zen amp, and some improvement on everything else I plugged into it.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
mastertrash
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 08/18/20 at 12:22:32

Sorry to be late to this one, but I'll cast another vote for the PS Audio PowerPlant devices being the best power product I've ever used.  I bought a cheap PowerPlant Premiere (PPP) on eBay maybe seven years ago and have loved it ever since.  It made a noticeable improvement in my system at the time.

Last year I was redoing all my cabling and tried an experiment with my amplifier (Pass Labs X-150.8).  I unplugged the long AQ power cable I had going into the amp from the PPP and plugged in a (generally better and broken in) Nordost Shiva power cord straight into the wall from the amp.  The sound was grainy, harsh, and thoroughly unenjoyable.  This was a noticeable, instant difference that anyone would have heard.  The longer cheaper cable went right back in to the PPP / Amp and all was right with the universe again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print