Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 11:22:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Deskside setup for audio equipment (Read 1574 times)
morp
Seasoned Member

Deskside setup for audio equipment
07/31/20 at 22:25:32

Hopefully a quick question: Do any of you have your audio gear next to your desk? And if so, what storage/placement solution do you use?

Optimally, I'm looking for a way to store DAC -> Amp -> Headphone stands. Computer USB is feeding the DAC, but that'll probably either be on my desk or under it depending on whether I'm using laptop or desktop.

Right now, one headphone stand is on my desk, a couple more headphones are in boxes on the floor, and DAC and Amp are (no exaggeration) on a repurposed nightstand next to my desk. They look like components huddled together on a rock in the middle of a lava flow.

So, what do you use/recommend?

Thanks!,
Richard

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Re: Deskside setup for audio equipment
Reply #1 - 08/01/20 at 23:23:25

Bump!

Any input on what kind of audio rack you use, or generally how you set up your equipment would be helpful.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 08/04/20 at 01:02:18

I have in the past placed the DAC under the computer monitor of my desktop system, and that worked well.  Another approach is to shrink the DAC down to nothing, like the Audioquest Dragonfly USB dac.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/20 at 05:18:29

Thanks Steve! I hadn't thought about putting the DAC under the monitor, especially since the Gungnir is a good monitor stand size, and will give it a shot tonight. If it works, it also serves the dual purpose of shortening the USB cable length I need to connect to the computer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print