Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:40:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Information on the ERRx (Read 3921 times)
DaDixter
Verified Member

Information on the ERRx
07/23/20 at 04:12:36

I just joined the website.  I am interested in these speakers, contemplating getting a pr.  Anyone care to share their experience with the ERRx?  Do they come with a set of resistors for the room tuning?  My room is 1500 sq. ft.  Are these big enough?  Thanks for any help for this neophyte.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Re: Information on the ERRx
Reply #1 - 07/24/20 at 02:17:47

DaDixter, my loft space is about 1200 square feet with a 20 foot ceiling.
The ERRxs easily fill that space with a wide and tall soundstage. I can be anywhere in that room and they sound great.

However, at 93 dB sensitivity, in a space that large, a low-powered SET amp may not be enough power for you depending on how loud you like your music.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
DaDixter
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/24/20 at 14:52:03

Thanks Tommy, your information helps.  I too have a higher ceiling.  It rises from 9 feet to about 13 feet.  I am starting to get additional info from other owners, with most of it being consistently positive views.  But I can't find a "professional" review.  Do you know of any?  

I have also seen some forum posts that question/wonder about the effect of the top and its supporting posts on the radiation pattern.  Most take the view that the posts HAVE to impact radiation pattern (but apparently none of these opinions are from owners or people who have heard them) in a negative way.

Power wise, I currently have a 200 wpc Rogue Medusa and have just ordered a 7 watt 300B amp, so one or the other will work.

Thanks again for your comments.  

Dixter

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 07/24/20 at 16:43:19

Dixter, so far no proffessional reviews.

I have an earlier model, ERR, not in the use at the moment, but I did use them in two homes. They should come with at least one set of resistors, but you may want more.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/24/20 at 19:10:24

Dixter, I’ve never heard the speaker without the support posts, so I can’t speak to that. My suspicion is that they only have - if anything - a very minor effect on the sound, otherwise they would not have been utilized.
Regardless, the downward-firing driver is doing probably 95% of the work. The disc tweeter is for only the very upper portion.
However, the designer - Steve Deckert - could discuss that issue in great detail.

If that issue is critical to your decision, I recommend calling him and discussing personally over the phone.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
DaDixter
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 07/26/20 at 12:00:25

Lon--thanks for those bits of info.  It surprises me that there are no reviews.  One might even think that they are being ignored.....but the user reviews that I have seen are all positive, but these cannot be viewed as objective.

Tommy--Yeah, it would seem that if there were a significant design flaw involved it would be obvious in the radiation pattern, and measureable.  I have not seen any doubter produce any data.  

I am wondering if there are any forum members close to me (Balto-Wash. DC) that have a pair in their system that I might hear.....

Dixter

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 07/26/20 at 12:53:49

There are no "professional reviews" for a number of reasons that involve periodical requirements of dealers and advertising etc. Decware by its very nature doesn't meet many of these and doesn't curry the favor of the powers that be that control the reviews and reviewers. The closest we may have seen are a few reviews of the amps and preamps, much easier to ship and more plentiful for Decware to loan out for lengths of time to reviewers.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Skyblue
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 02/24/21 at 21:24:01

Hi I’ve a pair of ERRx and they are great,
Ones listening from my listening chair with the lights out, in the dark they made me jump and I look behind for I heard a Voice  I had to rewind the CD many times I thought my house was haunted I thought they was someone over my left shoulder, scared the life out of me.
Many times I went down stairs thinking I heard something, thinking who’s they.
And everyone that heard my decware system well I do have to tell you Scholars 🎺🎼 what an Experience.

Colin Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print