Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 17:42:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 audition in Los Angeles/Southern California (Read 3983 times)
bpcarb
Verified Member

CSP3 audition in Los Angeles/Southern California
07/21/20 at 21:13:38

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm in the process of selecting a tube amplifier for my headphones that also has a preamp output for my stereo setup.  It would be great if there is anyone in the Pasadena/Los Angeles/Southern California area that would be open to letting me audition the CSP3 (or similar unit that showcases the Decware sound signature).  I have a good supply of wine/beer/specialty coffee/loose leaf teas for enjoyment, if interested.  Thank you!

Brandon

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: CSP3 audition in Los Angeles/Southern California
Reply #1 - 07/22/20 at 20:50:10

Sorry Brandon, Santa Cruz County is as close as I get to LA. Good luck in your quest, I know we will never part with our CSP3. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
bpcarb
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 07/22/20 at 21:14:06

Hi Chris, thanks for your response.  Good to hear that you are enjoying listening to your CSP3.  Verve coffee and Sante Adairius brewery are among my favorites.  Thanks, Brandon

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/20 at 21:56:05

Hi Brandon,

What other amps are you considering, and what headphones would you be using? I've used my CSP with several IEMs, HD6xx, AD700, ZMF Verite, and LCD-3 so I can speak to those. The CSP-HD6xx/HD650 pairing is very sweet.

Thanks,
Richard

IP Logged
bpcarb
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 07/22/20 at 23:43:06

Hi Richard,

I'm also considering the Linear Tube Audio MZ2 and Feliks Audio Espressivo.  This is for use with my ZMF Eikons and HD6XX.  Thanks for your input, especially regarding the HD6XX pairing.  I've read that the HD6XX pair well with OTL amps.

Brandon

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/23/20 at 01:34:43

Good choices! I've only heard good things about Feliks amps, but have not listened to one myself.

If you haven't yet heard the HD6xx on a superior OTL amp, you're in for an awesome surprise. I returned to headphone audio after a couple of years away, and the one sound I knew I wanted to get back was OTL tube amp + HD650. The CSP gives you that magical pairing in spades.

To put it in perspective, out of the CSP, my HD6xx sound 85% as good as my Verite. To the point where I may sell my Verite and just be happy with the HD6xx.

Last fun fact: I spoke to Steve a couple of weeks ago since I had a question, and discovered he also listens to ZMF Eikons. FWIW Smiley

Have fun!,
Richard

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 07/23/20 at 01:56:11

bpcarb-  All great choices. Really getting into Black Rifle Coffee AK-47 and my go to is Steel Bonnet in Scotts Valley (before this mess started). Hopefully someone will reach out to you in So. Cal. with a CSP3 to listen to. Actually I have only used phones on mine a few times (Koss Pro 4AAA, yeah don't laugh) once or twice. I have used the Koss for years in the studio since it's the only phone I have found that can handle my Moog bass pedals with any sense of reality. I just sold off my Stax system, and still have the Stax Gamma's but haven't used them on the Rachael. If you ever find yourself heading towards Santa Cruz, give a shout and we can hit our favorite beverage (based on the time o' day) and listen to tunes. Keep us all posted on your adventure and Happy Listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 07/23/20 at 03:17:29

I'm far away, in Ohio. I will say though that my CSP3 (which has the 25th Anniversary Mods) is a fantastic headphone amp. With the ZROCK2 and the Sennheiser HD800S I have the best headphone sound I've ever heard. Period. It works with the Oppo PM-1 that I have and the ZMF Ori as well, very well, but the match with the Sennheiser is special!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bpcarb
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 07/23/20 at 04:21:34

Hi Richard,

I havent' heard the Feliks amps yet and am trying to schedule a demo with a retailer here in LA.

Wow, that's very telling about how good the HD6XX sound that you're considering selling your Verite!  Looking forward to hopefully trying.

I wasn't aware that Steve listens to ZMF Eikons, very cool Smiley

Thanks!

Brandon

IP Logged
bpcarb
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 07/23/20 at 04:22:35

Hi Chris,

Black Rifle and Steel Bonnet look interesting - thanks for bringing to my attention.  The tap list looks delicious.  I'm a huge fan of the Koss KSC75 and Porta Pro with Yaxi Pads.  That's awfully kind of you and I'll be sure to give you a shout if I'm in the area for sips and sounds so I can experience the Rachael!

Cheers,

Brandon

IP Logged
bpcarb
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 07/23/20 at 04:24:57

Hi Lon,

Thanks for your note and feedback  on the CSP3, especially its versatility and special synergy with the HD800S!

Brandon

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print