03/28/24 at 14:12:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CD player upgrade!! (Read 2071 times)
roadglide
Verified Member

CD player upgrade!!
07/10/20 at 04:39:23

I’ve been wanting a second CD player for a few months, and last week I decided to get one.  I have been using a Marantz 6006 for the last year and a half and was quite satisfied with the performance. I picked up a used Audiolab 6000cdt, and it arrived today.
I swapped out the Marantz, keeping the cabling and input into my DAC the same.  All I can say is WOW !!!  A definite step up , for sure. I’m hearing more weight and depth to the musical presentation.  After playing/ enjoying a few of my favourites, I decided to try the digital- coax cable that was included in the purchase.  I wasn’t expecting it, but the included cable was another step up from cable I had been using.
Turns out the cable is a Nordost Silver Shadow ...
Well... it’s been a good afternoon/ evening revisiting some of my favourite CD’s.  :)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: CD player upgrade!!
Reply #1 - 07/10/20 at 06:44:37

Great news! I have an Audiolab 6000CDT cd transport that I use with a PS Audio NuWave DAC in my headphone only system and that is an EXCELLENT transport, so I can well imagine how nice this is as a cd player. Good move, and enjoy.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print