Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 15:19:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
REAL DSD is different... UltraAnalogue Recordings (Read 2581 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

REAL DSD is different... UltraAnalogue Recordings
05/13/20 at 05:08:31

A dynamic range rating of 15 on Roon...  typical digital files are doing good to have a rating of half that.

More info:  https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1589338802

Available in both Flac and DSD.  DSD is the best, but I wanted to see what the Flac sounded like since that is what most people are set up for on their computers...  and no disappointment, that's for sure.  

When you don't edit a digital recording, it's a whole different animal.  Much closer to analogue.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: REAL DIGITAL MASTERS
Reply #1 - 05/13/20 at 05:52:54

After enjoying the previous download I had to get at least one more.  This was a beautiful compliment to the first tape, the two go together in an evening like dinner and desert.  Then look at the dynamic range rating on this one!  Damn.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: REAL DIGITAL MASTERS
Reply #2 - 05/20/20 at 01:49:58

From Ed Pong of UltraAnalogue Recordings:

Quote:
A word about digital... DSD cannot be edited as a DSD file. I believe since all commercially available recordings have some degree of mixing & editing, all recordings available in DSD have been converted to PCM to edit, then reconverted back to DSD... to sell...

With my DSD files, there has been no such conversion. They are basically the raw files from the digital recorder with only the metadata added, so you have a chance to hear a very pure DSD file... my sense is, it is quite analogue like...

It's not tape, but for a fraction of the cost, it is very very good... IMHO

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print