Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:27:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tekton Choices for a Chicken Cage Listening Room? (Read 5855 times)
craigcarter
Verified Member

Tekton Choices for a Chicken Cage Listening Room?
04/16/20 at 18:41:38

Considering upgrading my speakers to Tektons in my 'chicken cage' listening room (8X9X8) and looking for impressions from members who might have a similar room configuration.  I have been looking at the Perfect SET which might be too big for the room; although, Eric has a video claiming the room size is not a crucial factor for his speakers. Also looking at his PMD Studio Monitors and would welcome your impressions.

IP Logged
AlexR
Verified Member

Re: Tekton Choices for a Chicken Cage Listening Room?
Reply #1 - 04/16/20 at 19:04:33

I used to run a pair of Lores with my Zen. The main difference between the Lores and the Perfect SET as far as I can tell is the tweeter array (both are 8 ohm, similar sensitivity, 12-inch woofers). I can say the Lore/Zen combo was pretty good, but when I switched to my Omegas, I realized what I'd been missing as far as speed, clarity, sparkle, driver control, etc. Omega has similarly priced floorstanders that would probably be a better fit for your space. I think the Perfect SET will sound good and you'll enjoy it, but Omegas will give you more of a high-end sound. That said, if you listen mostly to Rock, the Tektons would probably be better. I wish I'd kept my Lores just to play Rock. Would love to hear the Perfect SETs in my system just for curiosity's sake, though.

AlexR   IP Logged
spyder1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/17/20 at 18:13:23

Maybe large for a "Chicken Cage" listening room, Tekton Design {The Perfect SET 15} looks interesting, spec. wise.

IP Logged
craigcarter
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/17/20 at 19:22:51

AlexR:  I will definitely check out the Omegas, thank you for the suggestion.

IP Logged
craigcarter
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/17/20 at 21:56:50

I reached out to Louis at Omega, a really nice guy with an obvious passion and pride for making a quality product.  

How could I say no, I pulled the trigger on the Super 3 High Output XRS with the benefit of his new cabinet design (a little taller and not as deep as the model posted on his site) with an upgrade to the wood veneer with no upcharge. He is moving into a larger workspace next week and will be over a month before arrival...I am drooling with anticipation!

My wife was listening in on the conversation and believes I only spent 1,100$.  She was thrilled with the purchase but I didn't have the heart to reveal the true price. Grin

IP Logged
AlexR
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 04/18/20 at 00:25:44

Hey man, congratulations! I hope you like the Omegas or I'll feel terrible, lol. Get ready for a lot of speed and detail. And yeah, Louis is a saint. Let us know how you like your speakers when they arrive.

AlexR   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 04/18/20 at 17:26:06

I think you'll love the Omega - I've owned a couple pairs over the years and each has pleased me very much, especially in such a ....tiny room.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/18/20 at 19:35:52

Congratulations. I have a pair of SAHO XRS speakers I run in a smallerc room. Louis's speakers sound great with Decware amplification! I use the ZMA amp.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/19/20 at 01:06:44

Congrats, I think you will really like the Omega's.  They have a really refined, coherent, fast and 3D holographic sound to them that make them one of my all time favorite speakers and they are a great match with Decware components.

IP Logged
craigcarter
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 04/19/20 at 21:35:47

Thank you for the replies.

IP Logged
feelswatt
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 05/29/20 at 12:41:54

Mini Lores might be worth a look

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print