03/28/24 at 19:17:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 FS in Las Vegas (Read 11266 times)
ZENTISH
Verified Member

CSP3 FS in Las Vegas
03/25/20 at 17:17:57

Hi All, Just A heads up for anyone in Las Vegas NV. I just saw an ad on Las Vegas "Offerup" for a 2yr old CSP3 for $500.00 and he also has a pair of 11yr old ERR radial omni speakers for $1000.00. I don't know the seller, just thought I'd pass this on. You could ask him to ship if you don't live near.

TISH

IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Re: CSP3 FS in Las Vegas
Reply #1 - 03/25/20 at 17:54:30

Gad zooks. Deal of the year if it's for real. The voice in my head says "if it's too good to be true... It probably is.". Tempting tho.  

Update: reached out via OfferUp. He will ship but only take payments via zelle. Zelle, unlike PayPal, doesn't offer payment protection.  Zelle effectively acts as a direct money transfer. No recourse to buyers...   If you are local might be worth pursuing.

IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/25/20 at 19:42:47

Hi Kespen,  If I needed a pre I'd be all over this! He has a lot of feedback and it shows he's been selling on there for 3 yrs, too bad he doesn't take Paypal. Did you ask if he would take Paypal? maybe he will if he wants to sell bad enough.

TISH

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/25/20 at 19:47:10

I put in an offer. We'll find out what happens

IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/25/20 at 19:48:48

GOOD LUCK!!!

IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 03/25/20 at 19:58:18

Good luck! Let us know how it shakes out.  500 is an unheard of price for a csp3. Don't know I've ever see a 2+ drop that low either

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/26/20 at 03:45:51

Zentish,

Would you be willing to take a look at the unit before I buy it? I think he's legit. Also, the rear of the unit has two sets of 4 RCA plugs. I've seen pics of only 3 plugs. What's the situation here... Different modification?

20200325_190058.jpg
  IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/26/20 at 04:01:41

Hi, I don't think my wife would allow, I'm 68 and were pretty much staying in. I have bought a few items on offerup with no problems but you know how that goes there's always a first time. He does have good ratings, so that's one thing. I personally would take a chance with this considering everything ,but that's me!

Sorry I couldn't help, TISH

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/26/20 at 04:22:43

Tish,

I get it. No worries. He's willing to do PayPal. I should be protected. Any thoughts on the 4 RCA plugs

IP Logged
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/26/20 at 04:59:19

Did he request friends and family paypal payment? If so, you are not covered at all.

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/26/20 at 05:17:53

No he did not. All is on the up and up.

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 03/26/20 at 11:37:30

The two stereo sets of outputs is an upgrade from the standard of one stereo and one mono meant for a sub woofer.  I have this upgrade and use it to have both a headphone amp and a Torii MK IV hooked up.  I do a speaker level hookup of my sub woofer. The two sets of inputs is standard, I use mine for a TT and a CD Player. Mark

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 03/28/20 at 20:33:17

Hey Safebelayer, Did it happen???

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 03/29/20 at 02:34:02

Yep, it's on its way here (Seattle). Btw, any other Decware owners here?

He did PayPal, goods and services, and provided a photocopy of the fedex receipt. I'm curious about the weight. How does Steve ship these preamps (pelican case or standard cardboard/packing foam)? I'm guessing that the weights of his products are listed as the shipping weight...lots of manufacturers do this.

I'll let you all know if I get a preamp or Nike box. Either way, I'm protected.

IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 03/29/20 at 03:23:46

Cool!! And btw probably everyone on this forum owns a Decware product, I own three amps. I have a good feeling about this,let us know when it arrives. There are a lot of good people here that would love to give you a hand with your new pre!

TISH

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 03/29/20 at 04:39:13

Just got a preamp shipped form the mothership and the weight on the parcel matched the advertised weight on the website.

IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 03/29/20 at 05:19:19

Glad to hear you are protected. Fingers crossed that the pre shows up and not a brick in a box. Csp3s are real gems. Let us know how it turns out. Hoping you got a great deal!

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 03/29/20 at 18:09:13

Lon & Showme,

Thank you. Lon, I meant to write, "any other Decware owners from Seattle on here?"

Showme, is the preamp shipped in a regular cardboard box? I'm guessing with substantial packing material?

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 04/01/20 at 16:41:29

They come really well packed from Decware. Cardboard boxes but they are double boxed with lots of bubble wrap. I'll repeat I think all would agree they are well packed from the Mothership.

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 04/01/20 at 16:43:50

They come really well packed from Decware. Cardboard boxes but they are double boxed with lots of bubble wrap. I'll repeat I think all would agree they are well packed from the Mothership.

IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 04/08/20 at 21:54:04

Hey Safebelayer, Did you receive the pre? What came with it anything- power cord extra tubes or anything like that?

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 04/10/20 at 02:46:26

Z,

I did receive the pre. It arrived in good shape and appears to be functioning. I bought a Torii IV as well. Upon the startup of the Torii I blew a rectifier tube which stopped me in my tracks for any listening. Fortunately the fuse protected the circuitry. I'm now awaiting some tubes from Andy Bouman (Vintage Tube Services).

The Pre came with the VHC1 power cord. Not a bad haul for the money spent. I'll be experimenting between using the Torii with the CSP3 and without.

I might be picking up a Conrad Johnson MV50 which I hope plays well with the CSP3.

How are you doing in this stormy climate? Feel free to PM me if you're interested in taking this conversation off the main forum.

Peace

IP Logged
ZENTISH
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 04/11/20 at 00:39:12

Cool! So glad it all worked out. Nice score with the power cord too!
You went to the right tube store, Andy is the best! What speakers you planning on running with that Torii IV?

TISH

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 04/11/20 at 04:19:01

Z,

I'm running Nola Contenders with the Torii MK IV. Haven't hooked up the CSP3 yet. I want to hear the Torii on its own for a bit. I'm thinking it's only got about 100 hours on it. It's 6 months old and I'm pretty sure the previous owner wasn't a den rat listening to music all day long.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print