03/28/24 at 14:08:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Used CSP preamp (Read 7592 times)
DougK
Seasoned Member

FS: Used CSP preamp
03/23/20 at 15:08:53

For sale is a well used CSP preamp, line level inputs (2) only, with line level output controls and a standard volume knob in front. On top is the input switch in front, and back left (on top) is the power switch.

I purchased this well used from another forum member and have recently (Jan 2020) had the warranty transferred to me and had the right channel repaired as it needed some work.

My costs incurred for that were $350, and I am willing to sell this for $400 including shipping to CONUS. I realize some may not be interested in an old CSP, but anyone looking for a wonderful tube preamp will be delighted, it sounds great stock and of course you can tube roll. If it doesn't sell I'll just keep it, not the end of the world. Looking to simplify to one amplifier without a preamp, but not too worried if this stays in my system. Just looking to let it go to a good home if anyone is interested.
Thanks.

Front1.jpg
  IP Logged
DougK
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Used CSP preamp
Reply #1 - 03/23/20 at 15:10:45

Another picture:

Front2.jpg
  IP Logged
DougK
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/23/20 at 15:12:16

Back view:

Back.jpg
  IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 03/25/20 at 00:26:37

That maybe perfect for me.

I have a 14 year old Eddie Vaughn Modified Select on steroids!
Been rebuilt a few times, Steve D. did the final voicing.
Matted with a custom pair of Parker Audio I’ve also had over a decade.

My McAlister gear broke again, won’t have them back anytime soon!
But I do just LOVE my Decware SET! I really need a preamp, lost too much without one Sad  
That little CSP will likely fit in well.

What tubes does it use?

Message me and I’ll give you my email.

I’m stuck home for god knows how long.
My office is 20 minutes from midtown Manhattan but I took refuge upstate NY 200 miles away with my older folks! Got them out of the area 2 weeks ago!! Working remotely, we’re audio/video media publishers.
New York is closed.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 03/25/20 at 11:35:42

Boy that thing looks familiar! Smiley

It uses 6N1P or 6922 variants and a 5U4G or Valve Art Audio 274B or 5Y3 etc.

Built in the Select chassis like that there's no headphone jack, slight chance it may sound a tiny bit better as a result.

I found the best sound for the system I was using it with to be Amperex 6DJ8 and RCA 5Y3GT.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DougK
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/26/20 at 01:59:37

Sold

IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 03/26/20 at 15:28:16

Haha, Lon was that yours???

This is a blast from the past. I haven't been on this forum in a while!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/26/20 at 18:14:10

I think it was mine. I had a gold knob on mine, but otherwise it looks the same. I don't know how many persons got Steve to build the CSP2 in the Select chassis. . . I did, don't know of anyone else who had.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DougK
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/26/20 at 18:17:48

Yes it was yours. I switched out the gold knob for the cream one. Trying to maintain the tradition of it going to a person who will appreciate it. I certainly did.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 03/26/20 at 18:25:24

Great Doug. It's a good preamp. . . I'd buy it back if I thought it would do more than just gather dust! I've thinned my holdings down so that all the Decware items I have are now in use. A great treasure to have. Someone will get a great preamp when they get this.

IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 03/26/20 at 23:18:34

That was me Smiley I can't wait to hear it!!

I think these 2 are going to get along well.

Steve

IMG_5968.jpg
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 03/27/20 at 00:19:11

Yes, they will definitely work well together. Congrats!

IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 03/28/20 at 01:27:23

Warming up now, changing every hour.
Im using Fantasy AC10 power cord on it Kimber on the Select.
MIT interconnects mostly.

I never liked 6N1P's! They speak Russian. I don't understand Russian.

My Select runs a GZ34, EL84eg's and a 6922 (Amprex PQ white)

So what's your favorite tube assortments?
This preamp uses 3 6N1Ps... Dear lord.

But I do think my Select is in love.

IMG_5983.jpeg
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 03/28/20 at 02:41:19

congrats!

IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 03/28/20 at 05:06:38

Thanks Guys!

Put a Tungsol GZ34 in, a pair of nice Bugle Boys for the outputs and a Amprex 6922 PQ white gold pin input. Damn those tubes got expensive!!

Preamp comes alive with the nos tubes, Real nice. Good synergy. Deckert's stuff is just surprising all the time and for so many years now.

Im happy to recycle great audio and tubes!

Happy Listening.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 03/28/20 at 09:28:06

That's one well-seasoned machine, and it will respond well to NOS and other tubes.

I've gone from the traditional NOS choices in my CSP3 with the Mods and CSP2+ with the mods to using NOS Russian 6N5P and 6N6P--they give me the best sound across the board from the many different quality recordings in my collection. But I used to adore Amperex which really made the best recordings shine!

This preamp will respond well to tube-rolling!

IP Logged
StevieT
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 04/22/20 at 19:36:49

And Wow, is it sensitive to WiFi! I had to move my WiFi node another 10 feet or more away from it!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print