Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 21:33:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is everyone doing during this time? (Read 3865 times)
DAKO
Verified Member

What is everyone doing during this time?
03/18/20 at 03:33:46

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. If you are in an area where businesses are closed or open but with limited services, what are you doing with the extra home time? I just put some new Guilford of Maine fabric on some of my homemade acoustic treatments and also replaced a few with some new upgraded homemade ones. Looking for some ideas on what to do next.

Thanks and be safe all.

Dave

Decware ZMA
Omega Super 8 XRS
Omega 8” sub in a CAM enclosure
Esoteric K-07
PI Audio UberBuss
Acoustic Zen Speaker cables
Decware IC's
ELF gold IC’s (current)
Decware Power cables
TimberNation Rack
Mapleshade Speaker platforms
Mapleshape isolation and H
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: What is everyone doing during this time?
Reply #1 - 03/18/20 at 12:39:00

Hi Dave,

I'm building a cabinet for the ZKIT1 this week. The Edcor trannies have shipped for the kit and probably will  arrive by the weekend. May have the kit running by weeks end.

Best

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/18/20 at 13:14:34

My wife is still able to go off to work so little has changed for me. I'm working on downsizing my cd collection. . . slowly. . .also working through a honey-do list that is neither fun nor quite what I want to do so that is happening. . . slowly.

Stay healthy my friends.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 03/18/20 at 16:26:42

Got the bug to write and record music since January. So, 13 new songs written and recorded up in the man cave to date.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 03/18/20 at 18:23:07

I work with Marriott Hotels, and with all travel and meetings being canceled, followed by restaurants being closed, it's very likely my hotels will be temporarily closing and I will be furloughed for at least two months. I'm still waiting to find out more. Two months without pay when my savings is tapped from moving out here is a little stressful, but I'll make it through.

So because of that, I'm trying not to stress, and just work on projects around the house that I haven't had time for. Of course, with the budget to finish projects, it might be a lot of nothing.

On a somewhat positive note; just before things went a bit crazy, I picked up this beautiful piece of equipment....for making artisanal, aged, barrel proof, single malt "hand sanitizer".    :)  So in my down time I'm going to learn how to use it well, and offered to volunteer my time at a local distillery that is genuinely making hand sanitizer and giving it to Fire Departments to give away to people who couldn't find any in stores. All I ask is that they might teach me a little bit to help me with the craft.

So, as always, trying to keep my hands and my mind busy.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #5 - 03/18/20 at 18:45:37

Hey LR,
Has the ATF sent you the letter yet?  Pretty much anyone who purchases a still will receive the letter.  Still manufacturers are required to report this information.  

You can come to Anaheim and volunteer at my distillery which starts construction at the end of this month.  Hope to be open by end of summer unless this COVID-19 mess derails that timeline.  

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 03/18/20 at 22:53:58

I'm just going to wait here and serve out my sentence. I'm hoping that my Lawyers can beat these other charges and by the time this pandemic ends I can be a free man.
You would think that in this day and age a man could pee in his own yard.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #7 - 03/18/20 at 23:05:41

Quote:
Hey LR,
Has the ATF sent you the letter yet?  Pretty much anyone who purchases a still will receive the letter.  Still manufacturers are required to report this information.  

You can come to Anaheim and volunteer and my distillery which starts construction at the end of this month.  Hope to be open by end of summer unless this COVID-19 mess doesn't derail that timeline.  

I did not know about the letter...but it's tragic that I suddenly lost my hand sanitizer producer in a boating accident.

That said, if Cali doesn't burn down, I'd love to come visit and help!

Donnie, it worries me that I can never tell if you're just foolin' or not.  :)

Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 03/19/20 at 01:35:07

LR,

It's your story and your sticking to it, but please... doing bong hits under that kind of high pressure could be dangerous.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/19/20 at 01:37:07

Donnie wrote on 03/18/20 at 22:53:58:
I'm just going to wait here and serve out my sentence. I'm hoping that my Lawyers can beat these other charges and by the time this pandemic ends I can be a free man.
You would think that in this day and age a man could pee in his own yard.

You should hire Sidney Powell ... she's guaranteed to search, destroy and utterly humiliate deep state knuckleheadedry! Wink

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/19/20 at 04:23:29

Waiting for the huge Decware order I put through to Sarah!  ;D

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #11 - 03/19/20 at 05:24:52

Steve,

We should talk.  Our distillery will produce audio influenced spirits.  In other words, we will be using music (sound energy) to impart a unique aging-related DNA on our barrels.  I would like to do a Decware barrel of our single malt whiskey that is influenced by a playlist you create.  Any energy applied will effect extraction.  Aging is two part.  Pulling direct flavor constituents from the barrel AND pulling compounds that in turn interact with the sprits and subsequently undergo chemical reactions that ultimately create that "aged" flavor signature.  The music will influence the rate of extraction and the quantity of compounds introduced to the spirit in a given time period, which ultimately defines the flavor profile of the end product.  

There are a couple of "trade secrets" I will be implementing that I think you will be quite excited about that we need to talk about offline.   Wink

Would be an nice amenity at future Decfest's   Smiley

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/19/20 at 09:10:13

I'm waiting on my $1000 Government check to come...I can buy 1500 rolls of toilet paper with it!   Grin

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 03/19/20 at 09:12:12

The universities I teach at here in Istanbul are closed for three weeks (the first week is almost over by now), and shortly, we'll be making a shift towards online/distance teaching.  So, I will have to work on that a bit.

In the meantime, I have been working around home hanging the art work (my furniture in Brooklyn arrived at the end of October and I've yet to fully establish in my girlfriend's apartment); listening to music through my Decware amps (one in every room Smiley ), and I hope as of next week, I will start going over the tunes I am planning to record at the beginning of June with my trio.  I might even start writing some more tunes.  We'll see...

Keep safe and healthy, folks...

Cheers from Istanbul...

Alper

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 03/19/20 at 09:55:07

mark58 wrote on 03/19/20 at 09:10:13:
I'm waiting on my $1000 Government check to come...I can buy 1500 rolls of toilet paper with it!   Grin

Yeah, if you can find any ... we have resorted to those huge freakin' business sized dispenser rolls you get at Office Depot ... all those panic'rs have made it impossible for normal people to function, at least they stopped them from price gouging on eBay and stores are now limiting purchase amounts. Roll Eyes

Anybody have a feeling there's something more ominous to what's going on than just a flu like virus?  Perhaps it's being used as a cover of some type ... Huh

WWG1WGA

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 03/19/20 at 11:18:34

The only thing I feel here?  I feel like buying a gun to protect my hoard of toilet paper...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #16 - 03/19/20 at 12:12:38

Quote:
The only thing I feel here?  I feel like buying a gun to protect my hoard of toilet paper...

Oddly enough....the gun sales here in NJ have skyrocketed.  People are seriously starting to unravel here!!  I attended a work seminar given by the Bergen County OEM coordinator 3 weeks ago and the confirmed cases went from 1 to now like 167.  It’s spreading like wildfire here.  

Yesterday we took the dog for a family walk.  I enjoyed some nice Jazz music ( Eddie Higgins Trio) streamed from Qobuz to my portable JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker.  It was quite enjoyable with all of the chaos out here.  

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #17 - 03/19/20 at 17:14:47

Quote:
We should talk.  Our distillery will produce audio influenced spirits.  In other words, we will be using music (sound energy) to impart a unique aging-related DNA on our barrels.  I would like to do a Decware barrel of our single malt whiskey that is influenced by a playlist you create.  Any energy applied will effect extraction.  Aging is two part.  Pulling direct flavor constituents from the barrel AND pulling compounds that in turn interact with the sprits and subsequently undergo chemical reactions that ultimately create that "aged" flavor signature.  The music will influence the rate of extraction and the quantity of compounds introduced to the spirit in a given time period, which ultimately defines the flavor profile of the end product.  

There are a couple of "trade secrets" I will be implementing that I think you will be quite excited about that we need to talk about offline.   Wink

Would be an nice amenity at future Decfest's   Smiley

Indeed.  I'm in!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #18 - 03/19/20 at 17:25:35

That's awesome Jeff!

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 03/21/20 at 15:48:48

Very interesting Jeff.  And Raven I look forward to trying what you come up with.

I had a few projects already in the works before this hit:

1. New DAC Quest.  Hearing BadWolf's Schitt DAC revealed there is more to be heard.  I got a good deal on one I was interested in on Ebay.  I'll be dialing that one in.

2.  Beach Subwoofer.  Hopefully I will get to the beach this summer.  I have some smaller boomboxes that I have added small subs to and they sound very good, but now I am looking to up my game to have bass that is "dance-able".  So I'm engineering a lightweight, but larger sub.  I want it to play into the 30s but I have to be able to carry it from my car to the beach.  My long term goal is to have a DJ rig that runs off batteries for dances on the beach.

3.  Finish the original Palomino Audio Project speakers.  All that remains really is to put some proper wiring in place.  These will go to the cottage in Michigan given that they sound great, but have been bumped by my Lii Audio driver based speakers.

4.  Video of my listening room.  I continue to tweak my room and there might be some things that might help others in their quest.  

4. Organizing all my audio stuff.  I have bits and pieces scattered about.  I clean out my workroom so I can actually work in it and also added some shelves and organizing drawers.  I will likely put some stuff up for sale - drivers, capacitors, coils.

So we'll see how long each of these projects take. I'll post on them if I am not too lazy.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 03/21/20 at 17:18:02

Burning in caps & tubes on my new Modwright Instruments PH 9.0 phono preamp. This new tubed preamp is truly something special. I will start rolling some different 6922/7308 tubes next week.

Given my now overflowing source equipment rack, I'm looking for a new turntable stand that will accommodate my Nottingham TT, the PH 9.0 phono preamp & it's separate power supply. That item will be my birthday present in a couple months.

Until then, just spinning more vinyl and rediscovering lots of albums in my collection.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
roadglide
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 03/21/20 at 17:30:33

I’m working on making all the stereo systems in the house “ low watt friendly “
I recently bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy ii to put in the living room.
Now I can have my SE84 ckc  there full time, and the SE84 kit version can stay in the bedroom with the Heresy iii’s.
I have a pair of Martin Logan EM-ESL’ s that were in the living room, and have found a buyer for them... kinda sad to see them go, but listening to The heresy ii’s last night with the SE84 ckc  quickly reminded me why they aren’t staying ...😁

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #22 - 03/21/20 at 17:42:09

Greetings to everyone .....
I hope that all of the forum members and readers are well .....

If the rain would ever stop here in Caintuck, I have a bunch of yard work that needs to be done .....

In the meantime, the orders for speakers have been pretty steady ..... via word of mouth referrals from existing customers and music lovers who have discovered Caintuck Audio on the Decware website and forum.

For a period of about three months, almost all of the orders were for the Lii 15 baffles, but recently there has been a renewed interest in the Betsy baffles ..... go figure .....

The Lii Audio factory is up and running and there should be a shipment of F-15 drivers arriving at their California warehouse in the next couple of weeks for anyone who is interested in buying a pair of the drivers for their project.

I hope to have a pair or two of baffles with the Lii Audio Fast-8 drivers in stock in the near future. The Fast-8 is a very nice driver ..... different than the Betsy driver for sure, but I could make an argument for either.
They both make music .....

Best wishes and happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/21/20 at 18:07:13

Hey Randy, how do you find the efficiency of the fast 8?   Wondering if I could run one with a Zen.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #24 - 03/21/20 at 19:43:35

Hey Tom,

The specs on the Fast-8 are as follows .....

Qts 0.62
94 DB sensitivity
Fs - 47

Based on those figures, they are slightly more efficient than the Betsy drivers ..... and the real world efficiency would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 97 DB in an open baffle.

While the QTS is not optimal for OB, it's close enough that the tonal balance sounds good to my ears.
With a powered subwoofer or some help from larger drivers for the lower bass, they sound really good. The upper bass that they produce is quick, tight and tuneful.

My SE84UFO has plenty of power to drive them in my 16' x 12' he shed.

I was able to hear them with a buddy's Rachael and it's a very good combination, as well .....

Something that is really cool (for those who would be interested) is that the surrounds of the Fast-8 driver are translucent.
If you place a light of some kind behind them in an open baffle, it shines through the surrounds which makes a very interesting effect in a dim or dark listening room.

Of course, I'm easily amused .....

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #25 - 03/21/20 at 22:37:22

My wife grabbed me early and "Requested" that I work on a bedroom remodel project.
So I've installed a ceiling fan, painted a room and installed blinds.
It was a huge mistake not having kids, free labor would come in handy about now.
Then my boss texted me and said that I am to report to work Monday morning as usual, virus and Illinois law be Damned. I'm essential to the well being of corporate America.
I could be a bit bitter about this.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 03/22/20 at 00:45:12

Essential is an understatement Donnie.

Thanks for the Fast 8 input Randy. That driver should fill the middle of your lineup cost wise.  Anybody that says high end is too expensive I say two words: Decware, Caintuck.  A no brainer.  

I have a friend who is just getting started at age 63. He has some old JBLs that are really pretty good.  Just bought a tube phono amp.  I can see him headed into the abyss.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #27 - 03/22/20 at 03:44:48

I've been making tiny radials all day... just having fun figuring out the best way to make them and creating the jigs. I'll start a thread about those soon. But a successful day, I spent the whole day without thinking about anything but these cool little speakers and the finish on last nights project.

Yesterday I made my wife a cutting board using wood from a failed amp base that had warped. I used a pour-on epoxy finish and a blow torch to get rid of air bubbles, and then tip-toed out of my shop without making any dust and went to bed hoping for the best. I have a drawer full of similar projects that were FAILS, so that's pretty much what I was expecting to wake up to. But surprise, I went out into the shop this morning and it was one of those rare occasions when something actually worked.  

I have to admit, I've seen flawless finishes like this with car paint and the many steps it takes, not to mention time... so when I see a result like this from a single pour with no sanding, no polishing, no buffing, it gets me off pretty hard.  

Definitely click on the picture for a hi-res image because this one is all blurry.

WWW   IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 03/22/20 at 05:26:21

Wow, that is an amazing surface...
I can’t imagine putting knife to it!
Shit, I be worried dusting it🤗😳
It’s beautiful

Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 03/22/20 at 07:38:40

Damn, I just recently got done reading up on epoxy pour and technics but forgotten what for! Or, what applical project it was being researched to finish Embarrassed  Must be the old timers disease.
Looks good Steve.

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 03/22/20 at 12:25:47

I will tell you what I am not going to do starting today! I will stop staring at the boob tube news! I just about had it with the various spins that are being placed on this pandemic. Facts are facts.

One tidbit - the governor Wolf of PA just shut down all state run liquor stores this past week. Tell me how this is benefiting the pandemic. I have personally witnessed how alcohol controls/disablitates a person to the point of hospitalization if deprived of such.

John

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #31 - 03/22/20 at 13:19:56

My goodness Steve, that looks like something that I got obsessive on! Mine would be done the hard way with lots and lots of layers and sanding out the ying yang. Nice work!

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #32 - 03/22/20 at 16:09:22

That is beautiful!!!  I think you’re onto something, Steve.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #33 - 03/22/20 at 17:31:44

Steve....beautiful job!!  You should do an “Members Only” online raffle and the winner gets a custom laser engraved Decware cutting board!!  Personally I would use it as an oversized coaster to place a nice single malt scotch.  

With the warmer weather approaching, I have been working on getting my sports car ready for car shows.  

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 03/23/20 at 20:12:54

I've already been working from home for over 4 years so that is not a shock.

I have around 10 rolls of toilet paper to my name. Can't find any for normal replenishment - due to all the shitheads who are hoarding it in quantity for no legitimate reason.

Broke out my two Luger pistols from storage for the apocalypse; one is a 1970's P-08 style 9mm Mauser Parabellum and the other one is a Mauser-made  Nazi-era 1941 S/42 that was completely re-worked by Mauser and in the process all the Nazi proof marks were removed.

And of course, Decware. My Mini Torii shouting out the tunes and TV audio through wonderfully bulbous 807 power tubes.  

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #35 - 03/25/20 at 18:49:30

I got called into work yesterday, had to brave Denver and the homeless and all their mess. It was like the walking dead downtown.

I'm Furloughed, but apparently not till April 3rd.

I'm "working from home" today, but made some time to do this.

I also have materials to make a nice single malt - but have to figure out how to Mash malted Rye. Maybe I'll start that tonight.

Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #36 - 03/25/20 at 19:16:13

P.S. I wouldn't use a cutting board made out of hardened Epoxy - that's a great way to roll a knife blade.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print