Send Topic Print
Decfest 2020 (Read 9546 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Decfest 2020
03/17/20 at 01:44:18

Is it still on? October seems a long way out, but you never know.
It seems like everything else in the world has been put on hold.
As of tomorrow here in Illinois we can't even go out to eat.
Gloom and doom!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Decfest 2020
Reply #1 - 03/17/20 at 02:36:26

Same here in Ohio. Hope things will be better before October!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/17/20 at 09:24:34

Pittsburgh is no different. Seeing a lot more of the grandkids is a plus!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/20/20 at 15:47:29

in my opinion, the reaction to this is absurd. way overkill, based on the fear quotient.

nonetheless, the world has the *&^%&$$##!! red chinese communist gov't to thank for their deceit and lies. THE RED CHINESE LEADERSHIP AND THEIR MILITARY MINIONS IS THE PROBLEM.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/20/20 at 17:08:23

I'm going to strongly disagree with the above.  The virus is the issue not the Chinese and to a lot of us over 65 this is a very real threat.  I live in WA where the the rate of reported infection is skyrocketing with a death total as of yesterday of 74 people. just to note the death rate in Italy  has  already surpassed the deaths in China. Also be aware that Italy has more hospital beds and healthcare professionals Per capita than the USA but didn't react fast enough and they were overtaken by sheer numbers of infections.  Hopefully by October we can look back and talk about how we dodged a bullet and the measures that seem so extreme now were enough to allow the hospitals to accumulate the resources needed to treat  us.  I was actually planning on going to the 2021 Decfest which would be after I retire and hoping to meet some of you who have shared their knowledge and experience on this site.
Be safe and wash your hands.  

WA deaths is up to 83 attributed to Covid-19 today
As of Saturday Covid-19 deaths have reached 94 in the state of WA

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/21/20 at 18:05:43

They just locked down St. Louis City and county starting this coming Monday.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 05/11/20 at 21:16:55

Texas is open for business, baby!
A week ago I went out for Tex-Mex and Margaritas!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 05/12/20 at 18:57:59

I'll cut a beer hole in my mask.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2020 is CANCELED.
Reply #8 - 07/19/20 at 18:42:45

Regrettably due to our state and many others being in phase 4 limited to gatherings of 50 people Decfest will be cancelled this year.  We will hope for better luck next year.

Instead of our 3 day and night audio fest the first weekend of October, we will have a 3 day and night sale on Decware gear that weekend.

The money you save by not traveling here for the event, plus the discount coupon could very well put a new component in your collection which isn't a terrible compromise.

Coupons will be emailed to everyone on the list.  (customer appreciation list).  If you're not on the list you can get on it here:  

https://forms.aweber.com/form/43/2117956943.htm

Don't worry we only send out coupons and product announcements maybe half a dozen times a year so your inbox won't be getting jammed up with spam from us.

Thanks for understanding.

Steve and Crew of Decware.

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #9 - 07/21/20 at 17:21:05

Steve....I hope you plan to still hold a modified virtual Decfest.  I have listened in virtually to every Decfest for the past 7 years and really enjoy the music variety of the livestream.  

While it won’t be the same, guys could still get a chance to hear a variety of speaker and amp combos.  Maybe you could post a variety of time slots that you would feature a certain speaker and amp and play music through them for a few hours, then switch it up to a new amp/ speaker combo.  

Just a thought....but maybe you could create several master Qobuz/Tidal playlist that forum members could add to before the event, breaking it up by genre. Or have members create their own mini public playlist,  keep it to like 10 songs, and then that way you could select from those playlists as material.  

Just tying to get the creative juices flowing so that way we could enjoy some great quarantine Decfest music and still share in the experience of Decware sound.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #10 - 10/03/20 at 14:12:37

Right now I should be giddy with excitement about the 'Fest.
But unfortunately instead of getting ready for my annual trip to East Peoria I'm just here contemplating mowing the damn grass.

I already miss talking to Steve and Bob, listening to whatever is new, hanging outside BS'ing with everyone.

Oh well it is just how this year has turned out, a big old flaming pile of shit.

Hopefully we will all be able to come to next year's version and make it bigger and better than ever.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Greg C

Reply #11 - 10/03/20 at 16:10:44

....I concur Donnie ...I was hoping for this year to be my first to meet some of the members but it's looks like I will continue to stay in touch and try next year

Greg

TORII JR
CSP3
ZP3
ZROCK
ZBIT
NAD C658 DAC
PIONEER RT-707
REGA PLANAR 6 / EXACT 2 MM
ERRx
SENNHEISER HD 800S
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/03/20 at 18:18:27

Sitting here listening to Ben Webster on Roon.  Just downloaded Roon and quite pleased.

To quote a good looking lady back East "F... the grass", it's raining here!

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #13 - 10/03/20 at 21:44:40

I was hoping Steve would fire up the live webcam and just play music...whether it’s in the studio or in the wood shop.  I’ve tuned in every year for the past 7 years while burning the midnight oil at work, minus 2 years ago when I attended.  

Ok....depression setting in. ☹️

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 10/04/20 at 23:56:20

Does anyone know if the coupon is valid for tubes? When I try to apply the coupon, I receive a message "coupon is invalid"

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 10/05/20 at 00:22:18

Offer says entire order. I received same error on my order (no tubes). I added a note. They should see note. Probably a lot orders this weekend.

IP Logged
Tal
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 10/05/20 at 01:19:51

Buster

Thanks. I also left a note with my order.

SE84UFO2 25A mods x2, ZP3 25A mods, CSP3 25A mods, ZRock2 25A mods, Rega P3-24 Incognito tonearm rewire and Groovetracer mods, Bob's Devices SUT > ZP3, Denafrips Pontus + Hermes, Bluesound streamer, Zu Soul VI, Omega DeepOmega8 sub,
  IP Logged
JAG
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 10/05/20 at 14:17:49

I received the same "Invalid Coupon" notice when I tried to place my order.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 10/05/20 at 15:02:44

You have to put the code in the comment section.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print