Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 18:48:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What speakers and components (Read 4030 times)
SugarBear
Verified Member

What speakers and components
03/15/20 at 22:45:32

I really like this amp. Besides sounding great it just looks outstanding and has line level outs to boot, so if you would please take a few minutes and tell me what sieakers you use with it and what else you have in your set up, I would really appreciate it

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: What speakers and components
Reply #1 - 03/16/20 at 02:17:35

Only if you sing, "Someone saved my life tonight, SugarBear."

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/16/20 at 02:22:57

I use a Mini Torii updated with UFO transformers and 25th anniversary modifications. It is going on a year now. I run RCA 807 power tubes in the unit along with Mullard 0C2 and 6CA4, Westinghouse 0A3 tubes. Inputs are 1958 12AU7 6189 backplate tubes made by Sylvania for Bendix.

The sound is commanding, with the haunting realism spoken of in connection with most all reviews of this class of equipment 25th anniversary.

The Mini Torii is powering Decware Monolith speakers, which has commanding bass, and are otherwise well balanced.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
grinnell
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/18/20 at 16:51:34

I have had the mini for about 6 years, second ower, 2nd gen MT.

i use it with Ref 3A de Capo speakers, good bass detailed and loud enough in a 12x22ft room with openings on the long sides  speakers at one end of the long room

using it mostly with a new Emotiva ERC4 cdp/dac streaming radio   great sound rich fill

at times i wish i had a touch more power  like 8wpc  lol but havent needed it

Mini Torii w/ 1940's Brimar 6v6g st
Ref 3A de Capos
VPI HW-19 mk iv
Chromecast Audio Streamer
MHDT Stockholm v2 DAC
Emotive ERC-4 CDP
  IP Logged
bokat57
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/19/20 at 00:41:46

I had the MT for just over 6 years. I always felt my Omega super 3s speakers was a great match with the MT.

I still use the Omega's with my SE84UFO25 and I think they match up well with the new amp.

Omega does not make the super 3s speakers any more but if you go to the website you will find speakers comparable.

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/23/20 at 20:44:53

How well does the MT do at lower to moderate volume levels?
Is it a little on the thin side, or does the bass still have some weight/body to it?

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
bokat57
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/24/20 at 16:06:53

Hi Tommy Freefall
As I like to listen at lower to moderate volume levels I can tell you to my ear and in my room the MT definitely performed excellently. I found it to be a transparent amp and if the recording had good  bass the MT would present it.

However I must state I think the source and the speakers are part of the equation. I think the main reason I had such good success with the MT at lower volume levels was my single driver speakers with no crossover (none of the signal got lost in the crossover)

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print