Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 19:37:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do the other Decware amps compare to  SE84UFO? (Read 2276 times)
Reptar

How do the other Decware amps compare to  SE84UFO?
03/12/20 at 20:13:57

Hi, I have the Decware SE84UFO (and the Zrock2) and keep being astonished at how wonderful this amplifier is - the only word for it is Magic!

There is some quality about this amplifier that I have never heard from any other amplifier. I've had a bunch SS (Rotel), vintage tube (Fisher 500C), some ChiFi tube amps and also a handmade SEP amp and preamp from Dennis Had that sounds amazing in it own right.

The Dennis Had amp certainly has more power that I felt I needed for my large living room but I don't hear the same magic that I do from the SE84UFO and was wondering if the other Decware amps have more power AND sound as magical as the Zen Triode SE84UFO?

Any opinions on that?

Thanks

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: How do the other Decware amps compare to  SE84UFO?
Reply #1 - 03/13/20 at 19:30:41

I have owned/own Rachaels/25th/Zen/Torri MkIII and enjoyed them all.  I think they all have magic.  

But, if you go with a higher power Decware amp, I'd encourage you to get one with the UFO transformers.  I have heard a before and after and I think they add magic.

I haven't heard any amps with the 25th upgrades, but based on what I hear in my Zen 25th, the upgrades add even more magic.

I guess it just comes down to how much magic your means allow you to invest.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #2 - 03/13/20 at 19:36:01

Thanks for the advice! I would love to upgrade, am looking at the new Big Betsy speakers and the other amps. Have to save up for the purchase but am wondering what to get. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

Regards
Steve

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/13/20 at 19:43:55

You might be able to achieve the same thing with more sensitive speakers.  The Lii audio play pretty loud with 2.3 watts.  Just depends on the size of the room.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print