Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
opinions on DAGs (Read 766 times)
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

opinions on DAGs
03/03/20 at 14:26:44

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone has tried the new Decware DAG audiophil;e grade interconnects and, if so, if they'd be willing to share their opinion and to what cables they compared these new ICs
Thanks,
Chris

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: opinions on DAGs
Reply #1 - 03/04/20 at 05:23:30

Chris,

I am currently running the DAG’s and really like them.  They are definitely a transparent cable and produce a  nice full sound.  The build quality is top notch and I think you will be happy with them.  

In comparison....years ago....Steve had recommended MAC ( My Audio Cables) by Steven Hallick.  I had bought the Ultra Silver + and while they are very detailed, they were a bit bright and thin by comparison.  When swapping them out with the DAG’s, it gave you a nice smooth midrange.  

Hope this helps.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/04/20 at 14:17:39

Hi Dom,
Thanks so much for the feedback!  I have alsio had several varieties of MAC cables, so this is very helpful.  Have you, by chance, tested the Decware silver reference ICs to compare to the DAGs?
Best,
Chris

IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/04/20 at 20:51:31

I have the silver reference interconnects replacing a couple of Xindak AC-03 interconnects.

My past experience was that silver in cables too bright and edgy. I always wanted copper based cables. However with my recent exploration of single ended tube amps and efficient speakers, my overall resolution has increased dramatically. Having my SE84UFO amp driving my Caintuck Lii 15 speakers has dramatically heightened my enjoyment of music, I began to think of upgrading my interconnects and speaker cables.

In Steve's description of the silver reference interconnects, he highly recommends silver based ones. It seemed reasonable to trust his judgement, so I ordered two. After giving the interconnects a little bit of burn-in, the system was brighter but also easier to listen to. With further listening, the effects of brightness extended into the midrange and in some aspects, into the bass. The brightness was just more density of information and a little greater clarity. With a DEC amp and a good single driver speaker, that sense of brightness went away, and with further upgrades to my system, it is replaced with a real sense of air.

I then tried his silver speaker cables and that extended this sense of resolution. And most recently I bought a Curious USB cable, made with silver plated wire, which also had the same effect.

Basically, the brightness/edginess of silver cables in my earlier systems were only a reflection of problems inherent in my system, not the cables themselves.

I highly recommend Steve's interconnects and speaker cables.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
astro-chris
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/20 at 21:40:39

Hi ArtMan,
Thanks so much for the very helpful info; looks like I'll need to place an order soon Smiley
Best,
Chris

IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/21/20 at 21:35:38

Has anyone compared the DAG to Amadi Maggie Signature or the Cerious Technology Graphene i/c?

Thank you

IP Logged
Breitenberg
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 06/07/21 at 09:36:47

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print