Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 20:32:28 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Steve's TINY RADIAL project! (Read 75526 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: Steve's TINY RADIAL project!
Reply #350 - 08/23/20 at 04:06:03

Now turn the top.lens 45 degrees.  Or make it round.
Or make the bottom round or any other shape.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #351 - 08/23/20 at 04:57:48

Agreed, that would sound equally good and may even look cooler!

Believe it or not the square outer shape actually has no correlation with the dispersion. The dispersion is determined by the inner shape, a circle. The outer shape being square vs. round is adding surface area, aka impedance, that is needed to raise the pressure to a functional level.  This thing has zero dips as you spin it on the platform and record it.  Flat high end response as it spins... the squares are virtually invisible.  

Of course, I had to try it, so I put a third layer (lens) on the pair and it is a linear improvement, 30% again.  This is the ultimate.  Now that I have heard this, I have to have it.  It's incredible.  In fact, I may even try to scale this up to a full size ERRX if I can find or make the right driver.  It would be interesting to prove my original convictions about radial frequencies above 5 or 6K being more problematic than beneficial wrong only to find it was perhaps the drivers at the time or any number of other variables.  

As a proof of concept, hearing the full presence of the highs in a perfect radial format with three of these lenses is eye opening.

Get this... it now sounds like it is in this room vs. the listening room, but images like it is in the other room.  I can't tell where it is frankly, it's so scaled out.  It's really big, and from something so small....  

I can tell you right now if I could scale this up to a full sized ERRX, this would wreck a lot of audiophiles.  It's so ironic, Tiny Radials scaled down from ERRX but without the tweeter because it's a 1.5 inch driver... now how to scale back up!

I already know this design is superior to the egg, which did in fact image like an Alien pair of speakers, and this is better.  Gee, if I could even get it up to a 6 inch scale with the same performance it would be insane.

Anyway, adding two presence layers to the Tiny Radial and a sub is just head shaking for it's size.  

I know to a fair number of readers this probably sounds a little overly enthusiastic but trust me it's not... it's working exactly as well as if you have someone hold the Tiny Radial horizontal and point the driver directly at you, except it's not directional like that is.  The most fascinating part is that it is now that same loudness but across 360 degrees instead of 30.  It's like each layer adds efficiency.  Getting really interesting.

When you hold you hand at the right angle above a Tiny Radial and hear the top end presence increase but realize anything less than the size of your hand is not going to work... three of these lenses is duplicating that effect but it follows you around the room because it's 10 times the dispersion.

ALSO, in the picture is a Zen Amp hanging on the wall.  Simply use two screws spaced about 5 inches apart, with large pan heads.  Remove the bottom cover on the amp and the lip will hang on the screws very securely.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #352 - 08/23/20 at 05:10:45

I'm sorry but as I continue to listen to this as the evening drifts into night, It is just blowing my mind.  Literally as Roon keeps finding amazing tracks I never knew existed combined with the way these things are sounding I have literally gasped three times already.  It now sounds like I am listing to the Zen Master Series speakers in the listening room though the doorway, but with a delicacy that made the wall disappear... somewhat like being here at the computer and in the listening chair at the same time.  It literally blended to the two worlds.  I wasn't expecting that.

Not to mention this feels like a 6dB increase in volume which is well balanced against a heavy bass mix from the sub.  No mud here... just rich tight super holographic sound from a pair placed less than 12 inches apart.  Soundstage off axis which is impossible btw, is as I perceive it an 18 foot arc with the Tiny Radials in the center, but I can't actually hear them at all.

Steve Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #353 - 08/23/20 at 05:19:00

Steve....kudos on the new design!!  I can only imagine how they must sound.  I truly love the radial sound of my second generation Err’s.  They give me a wide dispersed sound that fill a room and disappear at the same time.  

These mini ERRx’s need to find a place in my home after my renovation, perfectly place on the top of each side of my mantel.  With my Err’s wrapped in the Bubbinga veneer, it look like I am stuck keeping with the same wood finish 😀.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #354 - 08/23/20 at 05:24:09

Yea, I need to get some Bubinga...  haven't tried that yet.

WWW   IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #355 - 08/23/20 at 06:07:18

What a journey... the fun part of audio Smiley

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #356 - 08/23/20 at 06:19:05

Hi Steve,
if you make a compact desktop version of the Zen Triode I’ll definitely buy one. Having the amp on the desk will work better with my height adjustable desk.  :)

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #357 - 08/23/20 at 06:40:45

For my eye, the triple lens is more appealing than the double, and the double more so than the single.

Steve posted:  "I may make a Tiny Radial Tube amp if the popularity of these speakers continues to grow."

This is interesting! Have you any ideas yet on what the circuit would be?
Perhaps one of those tubes with a triode and a pentode in one bottle could be put together Loftin white fashion to make a compact package.  

Steve posted:  "I may even try to scale this up to a full size ERRX if I can find or make the right driver."

How about a 2 inch or 1.4 inch compression driver located deep down inside the cabinet with it's horn carrying the sound up to the dispersion lens? I don't know where the bass driver would be.
The Ciare 12 inch coax with 1.4 inch tweeter might be the ticket. No need to add the horn.  https://usspeaker.com/ciare%20ndcx12-1.4-1.htm

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #358 - 08/23/20 at 16:09:29

Steve,

So if the lenses work off of pressure instead of "deflection" it makes me think about my long lost work in 2 stroke exhaust design and manufacturing.

I would think that if you started to mess with both the diameter and lengths between each lens things could get very interesting.
You would be able to help the drivers where they are weak and attenuate where there is a peak.

At least I think that might be something that is possible, but I haven't had my Diat Dr. Pepper yet this morning.

IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #359 - 08/23/20 at 19:06:20

Grin stayed up till 3am listening to these tiny radials,I could see the sound,i could see bass drums,kinda spooky..officially the most fun I’ve ever had listening.

IP Logged
khedspeth
Verified Member

Reply #360 - 08/24/20 at 00:51:30

Headed out the garage to grow a second/third set of lens for my tiny radials!  Well, need to construct the 3D model then grow...maybe by tomorrow afternoon.  What material are the originals PLA?

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #361 - 08/24/20 at 02:57:49

I print the lens from Resin, and make it solid, not hollow.  Going for density.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #362 - 08/24/20 at 04:05:44

Quote:
stayed up till 3am listening to these tiny radials,I could see the sound,i could see bass drums,kinda spooky..officially the most fun I’ve ever had listening.

3D Imaging will do that.

WWW   IP Logged
khedspeth
Verified Member

Reply #363 - 08/24/20 at 12:01:26

The resin explains the nice surface finish versus a lot of post grow finish work.

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #364 - 08/25/20 at 23:44:45

Ok, increased and evenly dispersed high frequency output, very nice and looking forward to a pair with the extra top pieces.
Am I the only one though who is getting these little bad boys to walk and bounce when playing music? If so then my bad, but I would also like to see the very bottom piece thickened up and weighted a bit more to keep them from walking please.

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #365 - 08/26/20 at 05:58:48

No, not the only one.  When playing at volume, I too have trouble keeping them still.  A true testament to the power of that mighty diminutive driver!

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #366 - 08/26/20 at 06:03:12

Mine haven't walked yet, but they're stretching their legs, vibrating against the desktop. I put mine on a pair of mouse pads, and that seemed to tone them down a bit.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #367 - 08/26/20 at 16:38:48

Someone want to figure out what a laser-cut 3/8" plate-steel base would cost?  That is the kind of weight that would be ideal.

That said, once you get a the cone to move enough to make the enclosure dance around, the advantages of a 1.5 inch driver are no longer valid so my motivation for a heavier plinth would be for what it would do to the sound at more modest volumes.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #368 - 08/26/20 at 16:57:49

Test

P10y60929-copy.jpg
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #369 - 08/26/20 at 17:01:23

That's not a radial....my radials were jumping at higher power from the start,the next day they calmed down,now they're the greatest thing since a pair of acoustats from 40 years back.

IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #370 - 08/26/20 at 17:29:56

Tiny Radial--

P1070502.jpg
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #371 - 08/26/20 at 17:31:08

8 year old mac,i refuse too shell out for a new one.I'm getting closer.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #372 - 08/26/20 at 18:02:10

Steve,

You may want to check out Desk Top Metal here's the link: https://www.desktopmetal.com/

They might provide some solutions for metal and/or resin 3D castings if you wish to simplify tiny radial production. First commercial 3D printing company that can produce items at scale.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #373 - 08/26/20 at 18:25:58

Tried posting my omega speakers,laying on their backs woofers facing up and away on a pair of isoacoustics stands,with 2 CD jewel cases,now that I know about direct reflecting vs pressure loading,,if you place a rs5 with 2 cutout sour cream containers cut out with some thought,you may have the ultimate game changer.You will rule the world.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #374 - 08/26/20 at 19:34:25

Obviously a resonance problem.  If a heavier base is desired I'd suggest getting brass plate and cutting with a bandsaw or tablesaw and edge sanding.  Seems a lot cheaper than 3D printing.  After milling a TT periphery ring out of brass with my woodworking tools, making brass basses would be a piece of cake.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #375 - 08/26/20 at 19:54:13

Awesome, Archie is going to be making the bases from brass plate for us!

Steve ; )

WWW   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #376 - 08/27/20 at 01:15:23

Way to go, Arch! What a guy!

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #377 - 08/27/20 at 01:31:40

I got my hands on some sorbothane acoustic isolation pads and turned down the volume...damned party poopers. I'm still looking forward to my next pair with triple lens tops and a nice shiny brass plate bottom Smiley

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #378 - 08/27/20 at 01:36:54

What are the bottom dimensions?

I'm asking as a friend who has access to a water jet and a lot of different  materials.

Personally I think 3/8 aluminum  that has been polished to a mirror finish would look nice. Maybe some feet for the bottom??

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #379 - 08/27/20 at 02:57:40

Tell your friend 85mm x 85mm x 9mm with a 3/16 radius on the 4 corners and remind him that weight is the objective and it will be painted black. Unless the lens is also made from metal, no sense polishing it. A polished brass lens and plinth would be pretty.

It should be noted that this is slightly larger than the plinth drawn on the Tiny Radial Plans, because I have been making the panels 5/16 instead of 1/4.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #380 - 08/27/20 at 16:16:19

Thanks for bailing me out Donnie!  Phew ...   Grin

There are other finishes for brass.  I've used blueing compound on it which gives a nice brown patina.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #381 - 08/27/20 at 17:23:33

Hmm, look what showed up on my desk this morning.

2ea.  85mm X 85mm X 9.5 thick with 5 mm radius corners, steel plates.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #382 - 08/30/20 at 06:03:29

Such a tease...

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #383 - 08/30/20 at 06:12:18

So I purchased a hi-tech moisture meter...  

The burls that have been haunting me and taking stupid amounts of time to finish are from south east Asia.  They come covered in wax or some kind of crude varnish.

The last pair I did, yet to be shown, the flat panels curled up like rocking chair runners...  I had to train them back with a spray bottle of water and assemble them within an hour before they became too far gone to use...

Today I measured the most recent burl I have imported and it read over 35% moisture content...

OK, I get it now.

These Asian burls when actually manifested as a pair of Tiny Radials should cost double. If you live in the rain forest and contract a local to make you a pair I'm sure it will be much less.

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #384 - 08/30/20 at 17:04:42

Steve,
If you want the plates to experiment with IM me. They are just sitting here.
Truthfully, I'm planning to visit a friend of mine in Morton next weekend.... delivery could be pretty easy.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #385 - 08/30/20 at 17:09:30

I too have a "high tech" moisture meter and one thing I've noticed is that it seems to measure density.  I do not have the type with the probes.  I have some very heavy douglas fir that is super dry but measures as high moisture.  I don't doubt those burles are wet but I bet they are dense too.  Getting an accurate reading will be hard.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #386 - 09/04/20 at 01:52:19

Time for some more Tiny Radials please. A pair in curly or natural cherry with some nice grain would be great!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #387 - 09/06/20 at 01:56:12

Finally got my Tiny Radials! They are beautiful and sound great for such a little speaker.

Picture with them and my ERRx. [img][/img]

I also got the subwoofer that Steve recommended for $100, totally worth it! Highly recommend it, it gives the little speakers more punch and body. I did some comparisons listening to the ERRx and TRs with my Torii, and while not a fair comparison (TRs + sub $500 vs ERRx $2.5k) they fare pretty well. They have a wide soundstage and sound very natural. Main difference I hear with the ERRx is that the midrange is just "fuller" and instruments and voices have more "body". I have the ERRx to listen as background music and they are great for that, for small to medium size rooms the TRs with subs can do that job well too.
For dedicated listening I still prefer my Tannoy's  :)

I'll use the TRs for my office desk and until Steve creates a tiny zen amp (please Steve!) I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5ECQ4Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?...
with 2 year warranty it is $200 and works really well with the TRs + sub. It is small and well made, but has really small transformers, but with the subs this works out well. While they don't have the transparency and punch of the Torii they do sound good enough for the desktop setup.

Thanks Steve for these little TRs and all the love and labor you put in them.

IMG_7384.jpeg

- Stefan
---------------------
Rega rp6, Lounge Audio phono pre-amp, Lonely Raven PC, T+A DAC 8 DSD, ZBIT, ZROCK2+25th, SE84UFO25, Torii IV, Denon AVC-1SE, Infinity IRS Beta, Tannoy Cheviot, ERRx, Tiny Radials, Woo WA-3, Sennheiser HD800S
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #388 - 09/06/20 at 19:40:42

Hey all (and especially Steve),

I just thought that I'd relate my latest little "Adventure In Amplication". I'll be brief. Following my recent move, I found my ZBit and my ZStage, but I didn't have a suitable amp. Then I found my Linear Tube Audio MZ2 preamp, which I remembered could function as a one-watt amplifier. I had never had a pair of speakers that I thought would work with one watt, so I had only used it as a pre in my bedroom system. So, to cut to the chase, I came out of the balanced outs of my Directstream dac (@3W) to my ZBit, into the ZStage, into the MZ2, and then out to the Tiny Radials. (I should also mention that when I ordered my ZBit, I had Steve give me two sets of RCA outs, one of which I'm using to send the signal to my subwoofer). I have two words to describe the sound: "YOW!", and "ZA!" I set the level of the ZBit at about 80-85%, and left it there. Then by riding the gain between the ZStage and the MZ2, I can dial the sound in to match the recording. I have never had to go over about 2 o'clock on the MZ2 to get to a satisfying volume level. Pretty amazing what you can do with one pure (boosted) watt of power.

So Steve,  you've probably deduced by now that I'm adding my voice to those calling for a Tiny Amp to go with the Tiny Radials. The above experiment has convinced me that it's a winning combination. Maybe you could offer a package deal, amp and speakers. Or a BIG package deal with ZBit, ZStage, Amp and Speakers. OK, maybe I'm getting carried away, but my one-watt listening session last night is still echoing in my ears.

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #389 - 09/06/20 at 20:15:15

Hey Steve, and please add the flexible silver speaker cables to the package  :)

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #390 - 09/07/20 at 00:39:35

What happened to the stackable lenses?..one can only eat so much sour cream and ice cream.Lenses!

IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #391 - 09/07/20 at 01:49:22

Hey Stefan,

Forgot to say: I agree - your TRs really are beautiful. And I love the size comparison w/the ERRx. I have an idea that there may be another pair in my stable down the road. A dark walnut, with a nice grain/burl would do it for me.

Randy

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #392 - 09/07/20 at 03:58:57

Quote:
Steve,
If you want the plates to experiment with IM me. They are just sitting here.
Truthfully, I'm planning to visit a friend of mine in Morton next weekend.... delivery could be pretty easy.

Sure, stop on over!

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #393 - 09/07/20 at 04:04:16

STACKABLE LENSES

Right now I am still in development with the 3D printed lenses.  I don't want to print them myself.  I'll use my small printer for prototypes and let the pros do it.  That said it's going to take some fine tuning.  Once I get the lens printed the way I want it, I will be trying to create one with interlocking components so they can be stacked.  That way you can add one or two, your choice.  I also would like to make each level smaller so the lenses follow the taper of the speaker.  All this takes time, and I don't have a lot of it, so be patient.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #394 - 09/07/20 at 04:19:11

I've noticed in my life that I either had time or I had money. Never both at the same time.
Sometimes it is best to take a step back and analyse what we truly need at the time.

It seems that the older I get the more time is a much more valuable thing to me.

It seems like there is always tomorrow, until there isn't.

Steve, take your time!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #395 - 09/07/20 at 04:22:51

FLEXIBLE SILVER WIRE

Tiny Radials need a good flexible speaker cable, and if you're running a Decware amp or something similar, then silver plated copper is recommended.

You can find this type of cable on eBay, search under Silver-plated 8ag speaker wire and I'm sure you can find many variations of it.

The particular one I am using, pictured above, is extremely good.  The eBay variations are all priced more than reasonable.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #396 - 09/07/20 at 21:10:55

Happy to say I managed to snag a pair of Tiny Radials in Natural Sapele (#028). I have a couple of amps which should mate well - the minuscule APPJ 0901A (perfect for desktop) and my SE84UFO. I have a couple of unused subs to play with as well. Fun.

IP Logged
Stefan
Seasoned Member

Reply #397 - 09/09/20 at 01:08:42

Thanks Steve, ordered a set of those wires, for now using the solid Decware ones, at least the speakers have no chance of jumping around at high output levels with those cables  ;D

Now that I have the speakers for 2 days on my desktop I need to say they sound even better on the desktop compared to the having them further apart when being ontop of my ERRx! Now hour long conference calls become also easier to listen to as and you can always look at the nice speakers the whole day  :)

IMG_7391.jpeg

- Stefan
---------------------
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #398 - 09/09/20 at 03:04:53

They look great on your desk!

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #399 - 09/09/20 at 05:09:34

Quote:
I did some comparisons listening to the ERRx and TRs with my Torii, and while not a fair comparison (TRs + sub $500 vs ERRx $2.5k) they fare pretty well. They have a wide soundstage and sound very natural. Main difference I hear with the ERRx is that the midrange is just "fuller" and instruments and voices have more "body". I have the ERRx to listen as background music and they are great for that, for small to medium size rooms the TRs with subs can do that job well too.
For dedicated listening I still prefer my Tannoy's  :)

Stefan.....thanks for the information.  I love the soundstage of my ERR’s and it’s great to hear that the Tiny Radials fair pretty well by comparison.  I think I need to pick up a pair to place on both sides of my mantle after my house is redone.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Send Topic Print