Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 22:57:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vcaps compared cryod jupitors in a Rachael (Read 2700 times)
true audio
Verified Member

vcaps compared cryod jupitors in a Rachael
02/21/20 at 23:32:58

hi all, i am a newbe  here, cant decide on which amp with best tone/ transparency and some headroom with crystal 10+ a 15 inch baffle.  i am using a borrowed amp (50 watt triode corp.) with a  zrock2 & microzotl.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: vcaps compared cryod jupitors in a Rachael
Reply #1 - 02/22/20 at 23:48:33

True Audio, your best bet is to talk to Steve. He can set you up with the right amp/speaker combo.

He's very good at it. Trust me!

And pretty easy to talk to.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
true audio
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/25/20 at 06:47:42

Hi Zygi,Many thanks,  I have already spoken with Steve,  he assures me the se84ufo25 will drive any load down to 2 ohms or better.  I was just seeking any other opinions with regard to capacitors . it seems to me the vcaps may be slightly more open. I have just burned in the zrock2 (400 hrs), it is an amazing improvement in the sound, it may still getting better.
best regards, Rob A.  

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/27/20 at 17:03:03

I think its a personal preference thing, but I swapped out the VCaps that came in my Torii MKIII for jupiter coppers after hearing a Torri with Jupiters at Decfest one year.  

I felt at the time that the jupiters were a little more open with a bit of a softer sound IIRC.  I was running single driver open baffles at the time which could be a little in your face so I thought it helped.

My current Rachael has jupiters as does my 25th zen.  I didn't dislike the Vcaps.  In fact, I kept them and use them from time to time.

So, my experience, but probably not much help.  Steve really can help if you relay your setup and what sound you are after.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
true audio
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 03/01/20 at 11:47:45

Hi Palmino, Just the comment i needed, its hard here in Oz to get a live
demo, maybe i need to order spare caps.
Regards,  Rob A. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print