03/28/24 at 21:52:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alarm radio (Read 1759 times)
Hellion DarkLord
Seasoned Member

Alarm radio
02/06/20 at 07:23:17

Here I am all down hearted. So, I find a Bose wave radio alarm clock at value village for seven dollars, but I'm not able to get it because my representative payee (I'm disabled and on SSI) is an anti audiophile and thinks noise is music. Can someone please tell me of something that will play a CD and work as an alarm and an android phone docking system that'll not sound like crap, but not be more than $100.00! Seriously need something I can go to sleep to!

Thanks,
HellionDarkLord

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Re: Alarm radio
Reply #1 - 02/08/20 at 11:25:41

I'm sorry to hear of your physical disability.  My first thought would be ... doesn't the Bose Wave CD Clock Radio tick all those boxes already?  It doesn't have a docking station, but I think you can get a Y RCA cable and play your phone through through one of the auxiliary inputs.

Though a new one is almost $400 and that one for $7 would have been a great buy, but there are a few used ones listed on eBay though for under or slightly over $100.

There's also the Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air Wireless Airplay Speaker Dock.  Sometimes you can catch those on eBay for under $100.  It doesn't play CD's, but it has a USB input and you can get a USB CD Player for around $25.  I've heard one of these in BestBuy and it's decent for what it is.

There's also the Klipsch Heritage Groove. It doesn't have a clock or a CD player, but it looks pretty cool and has all the other features.  The Marshall Stanmore also is similar to the Klipsch and there are used ones on the bay as well.

Other than that, there are lots of CD/Alarm/Blutooth combos on Amazon, but not sure of the sound quality.

Hope this is of some help!

IP Logged
Hellion DarkLord
Seasoned Member

Re: Alarm radio
Reply #2 - 03/20/20 at 22:54:23

I was finally able to get the money for the 7 dollar wave radio. It needs a little cleaning up but that's it. Yay! Thanks for listening

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print