03/28/24 at 14:00:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Audio Platforms (Read 4584 times)
Showme
Seasoned Member

Zen Audio Platforms
01/28/20 at 22:59:42

I haven’t seen any end user posts concerning these Decware Audio platforms. Anybody have any comments? Just curious before I allocate $$$. Bang for the buck sort of question

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Zen Audio Platforms
Reply #1 - 01/29/20 at 00:12:13

I really like the platform. Sonically, I noticed a slight decrease in noise as compared to my 3" maple platform w/ Herbie Audio footers.

In terms of SQ noise improvement to my system, I would rank them from greatest to least as follows: ZMA 25th Anniversary mods>Pi Audio uberBUSS power conditioner>diffuser panels>Zen platform.

To me the platform is icing on an already great tasting cake😊.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/29/20 at 03:29:45

Good to hear. I guess a few platforms are out there so results will be interesting.

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 01/29/20 at 17:23:13

Quote:
In terms of SQ noise improvement to my system, I would rank them from greatest to least as follows: ZMA 25th Anniversary mods>Pi Audio uberBUSS power conditioner>diffuser panels>Zen platform.

I am saddened to see Diffusers so low on your list. LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 02/01/20 at 05:09:24

Yes, we have shipped many so far, and are getting another large batch completed now.  They are really becoming perfected now that we've had a fair bit of practice across all the different woods.  By that I mean it is often easy to hit a home run out of the park with a couple great prototypes, but to recreate those in numbers with absolute consistency is at least ten times harder.  So I am happy the demand for them has been strong enough to allow us to fine tune the design and finishes to a point where we are actually exceeding the prototypes!  

Over the past three years of development I have burned at least a dozen in the wood pile here at Decware because they got wavy or warped.  Trial and error has shown us the pattern / board widths for each wood on each model to prevent this, as well as more high-tech sealers.  All I can say is OMG it is so easy to make a solid maple block... and believe me, if it were really that easy I would be doing it to.

As is often the case with these forums, most people read the forums, but do not sign up and post.  Therefore you will typically find only about 5% of the units sold will be to forum posters, nevertheless that is enough to get some good feedback here that everyone can benefit from.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/05/20 at 17:16:05

I'm considering some of these platforms for my monoblocks. Would the Size A - 8" x 13-1/4" x 2-7/8" be the proper/intended size for each amp?

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/05/20 at 22:01:05

Size A is only for SE84UFO. You need size b.

I would suggest that Decware takes the size chart from the shopping cart page and put in on the main page for the platforms.

BTW - I really like my platform. I would rather listen to music than write product reviews.

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/05/20 at 22:06:37

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/06/20 at 15:31:53

Thanks, Buster. I didn't know about the cart chart. Beautiful amp and platform, enjoy!

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 04/06/20 at 18:23:27