Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 04:40:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calling DECWARE users in the UK !!! (Read 2514 times)
Filamentally
Verified Member

Calling DECWARE users in the UK !!!
01/27/20 at 09:17:33

I would love to audition a Decware but live in the UK - anyone with a nice Decware amp I could audition?

Many thanks.

IP Logged
Gmatt
Verified Member

Re: Calling DECWARE users in the UK !!!
Reply #1 - 01/27/20 at 14:36:51

Hi Filamentally,

If you are anywhere near Stirling you are welcome to come and listen to an SE84UFO25 or a Torii Junior.

Cheers

IP Logged
Filamentally
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/28/20 at 08:26:47

I am not near Stirling but could take a flight to Edinburgh then meander my way across.

Ahead of this though, how do you find Steve's UFO design? What speakers are you using yours with?

IP Logged
Gmatt
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/28/20 at 19:41:28

Cool, only about 40 mins from Edinburgh airport.

Steve's UFO design is awesome, It's like having several amps in one with many configurations by changing the VR tubes, input tube and rectifier.
I've pretty much settled on the Sophia Electric 274B rectifier, but occasionally change the VR tubes and input tube.

My speakers are Lii audio F15's in temporary MDF baffles at the moment, just waiting on my plywood baffles being altered to accommodate the F15 drivers.
Kudos to Randy for introducing me to the open baffle design, I still have my original Betsy's also. And Kudos to Steve for the Big Betsy project too which led me to the F15's., they are pretty awesome even in a fairly small room.

I also have a CSP2+ preamp being fed from a Chord Qutest DAC and a Melco N100 music server.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print