03/29/24 at 12:52:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HR-1 Pair for Sale (Read 5641 times)
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

HR-1 Pair for Sale
12/22/19 at 01:00:42

Greetings!  Up for sale is a pristine pair of HR1's.  They are a gorgeous Pommele Makore. (African Cherry) Depending on the light, they change color from a warm honey to a fiery red.  Pretty cool.   Bought them after reading reviews and speaking with others who had visited Bob. (Ziggy @ Turning Point)  As He lives down the the road, I arranged for a visit and auditioned a pair he was finishing.   As it turns out, this custom pair became available and I bought them.  They won out over a bunch of other speakers.  They are still my favorite ever. That said, I am on my way to an early retirement; and because we are down sizing our living arrangements, I will not have room for the HR's. Simply put, the new den is one-half the size I have now, won't work with these.  So, there is no need to have them if I can't hear their full potential.  Others here can attest to their great sound and value, not to mention their one off looks.  On the speaker page, the exotic wood adds an additional $900.00.  Asking $3,900 for the pair.  Will work with buyer on shipping.  That said, if you're within a few hours drive of my zip, I would be willing to meet. PayPal only.  Email for more info or to chat.  jcking3022@gmail.com

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1 Pair for Sale Pics
Reply #1 - 12/22/19 at 01:03:16

Pic 1

TPHR1_3.JPG

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1 Pair Pic2
Reply #2 - 12/22/19 at 01:06:00

Pic 2

TPHR1_1_2__2.jpg

IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1 Pair Pic 3
Reply #3 - 12/22/19 at 01:07:57

Pic 3

TPHR1_4_4.JPG

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Re: HR-1 Pair for Sale
Reply #4 - 01/01/20 at 19:58:59

Hey Blue, do these have the crossover-less update that came out about a year ago?

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/01/20 at 23:04:41

I'm not necessarily up to date with all the HR1 upgrades but I think the upgrade included a new top driver and a new cross-over.  The cross-overless version, to my understanding, is a new speaker entirely as the top driver is 8" and not the current 6".  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I have the new driver and cross-over mod in mine.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/01/20 at 23:57:27

I have the modification too, I suspect like yours Archie. Mine have a new top driver and a new crossover design. I think the main innovations were changing from the old radial driver, after months of experiments, to the chosen new top driver, and that the new top driver is straight wired to the binding posts, no crossover parts there. Then Bob tuned the tweeter and front mid/woofer crossover design to support the crossoverless top driver without smearing. I think there had been crossover parts on the radial previously.

I think the new version is really a new speaker too, with cabinet bigger and modified otherwise to accommodate a larger top driver, it also has a different tweeter. My guess is that they are designed similarly crossover-wise as ours Archie, straight-wired on top, and with a coil and caps on the front driver and tweeter to give Bob's favored phase and frequency response for each to compliment the top driver.

Looking at the top picture of these beauties for sale, it looks like they have the radial driver, not the new one used in the modification.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #7 - 01/02/20 at 03:49:01

Guys,

This pair has not been upgraded, that I can assure you.

Archie, Willl, yes there is a new version of the HR's...be it HR-1+ or HR-2 or whatever it will be called uses all new/different drivers than the HR-1's

Its just a HR with more....

Zygi

[img][/img]

IMG_0911.jpg

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/02/20 at 16:45:30

Nice, thanks for the clarification Zygi.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/03/20 at 00:00:45

Sorry.... just saw the question.  And the answer is obvious in the pics.  Surprised there seems to be no interest though.  Wanted to put them out here before going other routes.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 01/03/20 at 05:52:26

Nice looking speakers, someone should jump on them! I already have two sets of OG HR-1. Amazing speakers, love their sound and even work wonderfully with my SE84UFO3 Monoblocks.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print