Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 00:33:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's been a good year for SQ (Read 2933 times)
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

It's been a good year for SQ
12/08/19 at 14:47:09

It has been a good year in the Derrick household for sound quality;

SE84UFO25 & ZBIT
HQPlayer
UpTone EtherREGEN

These items have elevated and transformed my listening experience too levels that I never would have imagined.

It's a good time to be an audiophile!

Anyone else had a good year increasing SQ?

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: It's been a good year for SQ
Reply #1 - 12/10/19 at 02:27:25

I have been thinking similar thoughts about the SE84UFO25 paired with these 100dB baffles!  Still I can't get over the sound, especially when I turn it up a bit.  The dynamics are so realistic I constantly find I have to remind myself that I'm not listening to our larger amplifiers.  Then if that wasn't enough... the dynamics are actually better.  The amp is faster.  I'm sure your horns are equally intoxicating!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/12/19 at 02:34:35

MrDerrick I still wonder if I should have gotten a UFO25th over the Torii  ;D Grin

What are your impressions of the EtherREGEN? Next year, I might consider either adding that or a optical rendu. I'm not sure which would give me more improvement.

It's been a very good year for hifi musical enjoyment for me.

I started from scratch and have put together a system I'm really enjoying.

In the room treatment I give a short mention of my entire system.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1574860506

I have a Torii MKIV "on the bench" now so next year that will really kick things up!

I'm also starting to explore DIY speakers. based around the Crystal 10 drivers. I should have the first build done before the end of the year. I emailed Leo at Lii audio and looks like I might have a few of this W15 woofers on the way next year too.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/12/19 at 13:05:17

I took some pretty big leaps forward this year as well.

25th anniversary Zen
- Aqua 274B rectifier
- OD3W VR tube
- matched set of Steve's SV83 tubes

Eichman Bullet REC plugs (knockoffs) and built my own ICs

Built a Beg Betsy Speaker with the Lii Audio F15.

Acoustic Elegance LO15 bass drivers

Built a OB with Lii Audio Crystal 10s and the AE LO15s.

I still hope to re-create my ICs using the VHAudio silver reference formula for both my RCA XLR based ICs.  To this end, I purchased some silver wire and some furutech rhodium plated XLR connectors.

Unfortunately, to fund this expansion, I had to sell my original Rachael, a Torri MkIII and my power plant premier.  I may still sell my Hawthorne Audio Augies and P300 power plant and some miscellaneous other drivers.  

I'm also interested in your thoughts about the Ethergen.  I have a Regen currently.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Radarek

Reply #4 - 12/12/19 at 18:41:08

Hi

Biggest changes to my system are still underway yet...

I have a ZKit1 amp awaiting tubes... so sound impression still to come. Biggest upgrade this year was nice scoring of set of 604e Altec drivers from the pawn shop in the middle of nowhere... since that  I have build new crossovers and now awaiting for 620 cabinet replicas...

20191126_194142-1024x576_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print