03/28/24 at 13:14:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Thanksgiving (Read 3298 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Happy Thanksgiving
11/28/19 at 11:42:29

A very joyous and Happy Thanksgiving to all you Decheads out there. Travel safe and enjoy some music, if you can.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
Reply #1 - 11/28/19 at 12:55:08

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Won't be any music for me, spending the day with in-laws, but if I steer clear of politics and religion it should be a good day. Looking forward to the joy of the little ones in the family!

Be safe and enjoy!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 11/28/19 at 13:48:49

Happy Thanksgiving to the Decware family. Fortunately, I am able to start my day with coffee and music. And after lunch, I’m headed to the woods for my other passion - hunting😊😊😊.  Hope everyone has a great day!!!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 11/28/19 at 14:30:51

Simply, I am thankful.
As Joe Walsh said, "Life's been good".
I sure in the hell have no reasons to complain.
I wish everyone bliss.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #4 - 11/28/19 at 16:38:32

Fellow Zen heads....Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well!!  May Hi-Res audio encompass your day while spending quality time with your family along with good food and fine spirits.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 12/01/19 at 03:18:19

Hope everyone is enjoying a long Thanksgiving holiday, I know I am!  I am able to spend some time in my wood shop making a new media shelf for my tapes and records.  Something I've been wanting to do for a long time : )

Tonight I'm enjoying the TORII MKIV on the ZF15M baffles, and I mean "enjoying"! This amplifier has always thrived on simple speakers, in particular single-driver crossover-less speakers, and it goes without saying it really likes these open baffles!  

I enjoy being reminded how good this amp is! So different from the harder more sterile sound of most push-pull amps. The same is true of the other two (ZMA, TORII JR) as well.  

It makes we wish everyone had these speakers... it really does. These speakers magnify the difference in components by a large factor, which in turn widens the gap between our amplifiers and the norm.

So tonight I will enjoy an effortlessly torquey presentation  - treble shunt wide open - reconstructive feedback off - impedance switches set to low despite being an 8 ohm speaker.  And of course the volume is set very low and the sound is anything but very quiet. Remember this is the combination that sustained 110dB at the couch 10 feet away before the amp ever saw half volume. The hit was insane. Exactly like being at a live concert down by the stage. The combination makes you feel like you have a million watts of SET sounding amplification because you can't clip the amp without first busting the windows out in your listening room.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 12/01/19 at 16:10:11

And yes what a wonderful four days off this has been so far. Lots of family, too much food sometimes and lots of music and a few movies. This morning I have to help a friend with some soldering, then it's back to albums and rest up for the balance of the year. Of the many things we are thankful for is the amazing Decware/Omega combo that just transports us to another place daily. Steve and all  in the Decware family, enjoy the season, your family and your music. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print