Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 11:48:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a Used ZROCK (Read 2199 times)
Hankster
Verified Member

Looking for a Used ZROCK
11/28/19 at 03:55:59

Hey, let me know if you or anyone might have a Zrock to sell.  Definitely interested.  Thanks,,,

Henry S. Kurtz
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Looking for a Used ZROCK
Reply #1 - 11/29/19 at 22:27:42

Good luck with that. The  ZRock is being built and placed into service at a brisk clip. I have seen only 1 or 2 up for sale. You would have to look on the classifieds here w morning, noon snd night.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/30/19 at 12:33:43

Rivieraranch that's what I am thinking. I was lucky enough get a used Decware amp. Now I will be looking for a ZROCK as well. I'm in no rush though. My speakers are still being built. I'll give it 2 to 3 months to find the zrock.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/30/19 at 14:01:28

It's been nearly as long as that since one last was put up for sale used! I would recommend just getting on the build list for a new one. The two that I saw used sold within hours for not much less than the new price. You may get one sooner by purchasing new.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/30/19 at 15:02:56

I will sell mine for $20,000,000. It's that special.

I suggest following Lons' advice. By ordering one you wait, but you can get it with or without any modifications you may want. 25th anniversary mods are highly recommended.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/30/19 at 15:52:58

But guys, to get on the list we have to pay right now, correct? Or we can get on the list without paying?

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #6 - 11/30/19 at 16:01:21

PayPal credit is the way to go.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
NormD
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/30/19 at 16:02:04

Non-refundable deposit.  Check the fine print.

OPPO Sonica DAC
Technics SL-1200M3D Turntable
SoundSmith The Voice cartridge
JRMedia Center running on a MacMini
Panasonic DP-UB820
Marantz AV8802a Pre/Rotel RMB-1585 Surround
ZTPre & ZMA Stereo
Focal Sopra No. 2 speakers (91 db)
2 Hsu ULS-ULS-15 MK2 Subs
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 11/30/19 at 16:25:23

Where is this pay in full stuff coming from? I’ve seen it on a couple posts, isn’t it still 10% down and pay the balance when the product ships? A fully modded ZR2 is around $1600.00, down payment is just $160 or so so, you have months to save or throw it on PayPal no interest for 6 months, that gives you just about a year to get it paid for.
Wishing everyone the best this season!
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/30/19 at 16:31:11

You are charged 10 percent which is a non-refundable deposit when you order. The remainder is charged with shipping charges when shipped.

If you pay with PayPal it is a full payment up front. I've been doing it that way as I have tried to only order when I had the cash, but that's my personal process learned from experience of "how I am."

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 11/30/19 at 16:31:14

Alex,

If you use a credit card once you place an order 10% of the total (item + est. shipping) is charged to your card. This is a nonrefundable deposit. The balance is charged when the item is fully built, tested & shipped. That's the way that option works.

If you use PayPal credit option (if you have or start an account) you have up to 6 months to pay off PayPal. You should check with PayPal to assure you have an adequate loan limit to cover the purchase.

All this is well explained on the Decware website. To confirm the details you can always call Sarah @ Decware to verify.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 11/30/19 at 16:33:40

Thanks for the explanation Lon and Hokesskid. I’m making my purchase today.

IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #12 - 11/30/19 at 16:48:10

I ordered a loaded ZROCK2 with the Black Friday Sales discount.

If I'm lucky, I figure that I will have it by March.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 11/30/19 at 16:59:40

Awesome. Soon you'll agree with me that when you get the final "Order completed" page during checkout Decware should have an audio track playing Tom Petty's ". . . the waiting is the hardest part. . . ."

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 11/30/19 at 19:24:04

Alex,

Congratulations. I think you'll be amazed by the addition of the ZROCK2 to your system. I bought one last year using the Black Friday coupon. Once the ZROCK2 "settles in" you'll notice a richer tone and increased density to the music.

I use mine in my turntable chain. One piece of equipment I will never part with.

HK

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 11/30/19 at 20:11:38

Congratulations Alex,
Lot’s of options for you as far as where it goes in your system chain, I currently have mine at the end of the chain, feeding right into my Torri MKIV. I seriously would not be without it.
You have lots to look forward to...
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
instinct2
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 11/30/19 at 22:38:28

Can anyone tell me what a loaded zrock is?

I have trouble understanding Decware’s listing of options.  I spent 2 hours last night trying figure out what each option was and then gave up when it hit midnight, because the sale was off.  

Understand the signal capacitors, but nothing is really explained on the mods.  There is basically 4 options, but you can select 2 different ones in the cart.  I assume you just select one (that it’s not meant to be two different options, but who knows).  Also couldn’t find much on what tube regulation mod was.  Just not much information out there by these products and so hard for a newbie to understand this stuff.  I guess it saved me $1500 last night, but I hate that I gave up the discount, just for being uninformed on what everything is.  Feel like it’s that way on lot of the products when you move into the cart, lot of stuff you have to select that you don’t know what it is and not listed on the item description.

SE84UFO2.1 25th lvl2
ZRock2 25th lvl2
ZP3 25th lvl2 (ordered)
CPS3 25th lvl3 (ordered)
Turntable (Looking at Rega P6/P8 w/Hana ML)
Speakers - DM947
Cables - DSR3S’s
DAC/Streamer - Wiim Pro Plus
Conditioner - Audioquest Niagara 1200
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 12/01/19 at 00:11:42

I can agree that it is probably more than a bit confusing for new customers and new visitors to the forum.

Many of us have been following the developments of the mods this year and last that began to be discussed in this thread:

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1541785109

A "loaded ZROCK2" would likely be one with all the mods, and most of us here would consider that to be the Type 2 caps and the beeswax bypass cap mod and the voltage regulation tube mod. I have two ZROCK2s: one with just the Type 2 caps, and one with these caps, the beeswax bypass mod, and the voltage regulation tube. Both are great components--one is slightly more transparent and dynamic than the other.

As far as bypass mods go they will match the caps that you choose. If you choose the standard caps you would get the poly bypass mod. If you have either of the Jupiter caps chosen, and I believe if you had the V-Caps chosen, you would select the bypass mod if you wished to have that.

The bypass mods on any component give a pronounced improvement in the signal "speed" and the body of the sound and image. It's hard to explain but easy to identify when you hear it. I now have the bypass mods in all my equipment except in my ZTPRE, one of my Taboo amps (a Mk III) and my ZBOX. As time goes by. . . I may well add them to those! I have become very accustomed and very enamored with the "density" and vividness of the sound of the bypass components.

The voltage regulation tube mod involves a small regulation tube wired in the signal path feeding the power supply (I believe) that helps to "clean" the power within the component. It acts in a way like a power regenerator or power conditioner for that particular component. I use power regenerators in my system so the effect seems a bit subtle to me, and may be less subtle to those not using power regenerators. There does seem to be a subtle bit more transparency, a little bit more inner detail revealed on excellent recordings.

I can certainly understand your frustration seeking to use the coupon and yet make an educated decision. A nice "Fac" sheet about these probably should be added to the product pages now that these are such prevalent options. And I would suggest calling Sarah on Monday and explaining how you spent those final hours of the coupon period deliberating and see if she can help you with a decision about the options and who knows. . . it wouldn't hurt to ask if you could still apply a discount. I know she would at the least decline politely. . . .

Hope that was helpful. I and others can help answer other questions as well I'm sure if you have them.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 12/01/19 at 00:14:03

You work down the list in the Cart.  If you pick Poly Caps, then you'd pick the Poly bypass but if you pick either of the Beeswax Caps then you'd pick the Beeswax Bypass mod.  The tube regulation mod is independent.  I'm not sure if the Vcaps have a bypass option.  I'd ask Steve about that one.

So, a fully loaded ZR2, IMO, would be $1364, which would include:  

1.  Type II Cryo Beeswax $200
2.   US Made Precision Silver $50
3.  Beeswax bypass cap mod - adds $260
4.  Tube regulation mod - Adds $75

That's what I have anyway.  But I did it the hard way by sending my original ZR2 back for the mods.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 12/01/19 at 00:55:25

All these mods are too expensive for my broke ass. I do plan on updating the amp to the beeswax capacitors as I think the amp contributes to the sound immensely. As for the zrock2, I don’t need that much detail in the bass as long as it gives me some bass so im willing to wait a little. . Later I will update the Zrock with the anniversary mods.

I’m really excited though. I played my incomplete DIY speakers with a cheap Best Buy receiver and it sounded damn good. It just lacked some bass. Once I finish building the box, hook up the amp and zrock, get a DAC, I can only imagine what it will sound like. I might do the chord Qutest, Nad-M10 or the Uniti Atom.

IP Logged
instinct2
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 12/01/19 at 15:53:38

Thanks guys, that immensely helps understand what the mods are.

SE84UFO2.1 25th lvl2
ZRock2 25th lvl2
ZP3 25th lvl2 (ordered)
CPS3 25th lvl3 (ordered)
Turntable (Looking at Rega P6/P8 w/Hana ML)
Speakers - DM947
Cables - DSR3S’s
DAC/Streamer - Wiim Pro Plus
Conditioner - Audioquest Niagara 1200
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 12/01/19 at 17:14:47

I am thankful to you folks for explaining the mods as well. I’m also thankful for this forum.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 12/01/19 at 18:20:03

Alex, I think you ought to at least get the Type I Beeswax caps in your ZROCK2 if you have that type cap in your amp.  There is much more than just bass boost in the ZR2.  The mids are accentuated and sweeter too.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 12/01/19 at 22:56:23

Thanks for the advice Archie. And when you say that the Zrock makes the mids “Sweeter,” what do you mean? I ask because right now the midrange in my full range doings pretty darn good and I don’t want that range to distort if you know what I mean.

I may have Steve add the Beeswax 1 added. Or I might have type 2 added if I can understand the difference between the types.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 12/02/19 at 16:45:19

By sweeter I just mean they are more present and denser.  There's another word I rally can't explain!  LOL  

I don't see the ZR2 taking anything away although one user ended up selling his since he thought it was detracting in some way.  I've noticed that if you want to "bypass" with it still hooked up, the dial needs to be turned off along with the bypass switched to "bypass."  Otherwise there is some change in the sound.  I don't run mine bypassed but I do occasionally dial it up or down depending on the recording.                        

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 12/02/19 at 17:52:20

Not knowing how much of an improvement the mods would make, I bought my ZROCK2 with no upgrades/options.
If the mods are financially out of reach, don’t feel like you’ve settled or shorted yourself – the stock ZROCK2 is a fantastic piece of kit – one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 12/02/19 at 19:18:52

Thank you for the explanation Archie.  You also mentioned wood grain. Does the Zrock 2 come in wood grain?

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 12/02/19 at 20:39:09

Oops.  That comment was meant for a different thread.  Sorry.

The ZR2 comes in the standard black steel box.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print