Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 02:27:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UltraAnalogue Recordings - Vadym Kholodenko (Read 2231 times)
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

UltraAnalogue Recordings - Vadym Kholodenko
11/24/19 at 13:10:24

I'm very excited to release my first solo recordings of 2013 Van Cliburn Gold Medal Winner - Vadym Kholodenko (4 tapes)
He creates a sound like no other pianist I've heard & on these tapes, it is extraordinary!
Here is a digital taste of that concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yAp7dOTFw

1) Beethoven Bagatelles & Beethoven Rondo
2) Mozart Fantasia K.475 & Mozart Piano Sonata K.457
3) Godowsky Studies after Chopin Nos.1,4,5,6,16,22,18A,39,42
4) Godowsky Studies after Chopin No.43 & Encores: Rachmaninov Prelude, Tchaikovsky Troika & Medtner Fairy Tales

The Godowsky Studies are transcriptions of the Chopin Etudes & his purpose was to make these even harder than they already are... these are the ultimate test of the left hand, as he's reversed the roles of the right & left hand, with the melody being played mostly by the left hand & often, the whole etude is played by the left hand ONLY!

I'm working on a video of only the keyboard camera as it is fascinating to watch the Godowsky Studies - his fingers seem to be dancing effortlessly on the keyboard..

These tapes will be released on the website in early December!

Ed

IP Logged
Ed Pong
Seasoned Member

Re: UltraAnalogue Recordings - Vadym Kholodenko
Reply #1 - 12/03/19 at 13:42:25

I'm very happy to release these 4 new tapes on the website....
Please have a look!
https://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/new/new-tapes-released/

Enjoy!

Ed

IP Logged
Tom Moe
Verified Member

Re: UltraAnalogue Recordings - Vadym Kholodenko
Reply #2 - 12/11/19 at 04:18:58

This is a late post.  My son and I were privileged guests November 3rd at Ed Pong's home along with about 50 other guests and a handful of A/V professionals to hear a recital by Vadym Kholodenko.  The recital was recorded on Ed's Studer tape machines.  An incredible experience which was topped off with a ten course seafood dinner at one of Ed's favorite Chinese seafood restaurants in north Toronto.  Thank you Ed.  You and your wife and other associates are a class act!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print