Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 22:49:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
0c2 Tubes where to buy? (Read 693 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

0c2 Tubes where to buy?
10/27/19 at 14:53:11

Last week I put in my order for a Torii MK4. Super excited!

I've been looking around at tube options. The 0c2 tubes seem to be hard to find.

Suggestions on a reliable sellers?

What is the estimated lifespan of a 0c2?

Seems the website is having issues with the search function so searching the forums didn't go well for me. Grin

Thank you much!

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: 0c2 Tubes where to buy?
Reply #1 - 10/27/19 at 15:30:18

An 0C2 should last many years. You can also roll 0A2 and 0B2 and a few European variants. I use 0A2 in my SE84UFO Monoblocks with the Anniversary mods, and used to in my Torii Mk IIIs and Mk II.

They come and go on eBay, you can keep an eye out for these there.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/27/19 at 15:48:48

Gotcha. Thank you.

I'll keep an eye out on ebay and pick up a few once my build date comes closer.

I'll also look into the others you suggested.

4 Months is a long time to wait!.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
bokat57
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/05/19 at 02:30:02

GroovySauce

I sent you a PM regarding 0C2 tubes

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/05/19 at 03:22:05

Bob, Got your message. I cannot send PMs until I post more.

I'm actually thinking 2 Watts will be enough and considering changing my order to a UFO-25th  ;D Grin

If 2 Watts is enough for my Amphion Argon 7ls 91db I might go that way.

I've never been so indecisive in my life until I started looking at the Torii MK4 vs UFO-25th.

IP Logged
bokat57
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/05/19 at 05:17:48

Hi GroovySauce

I have the UFO25 and I have been listening to it since last February. I think you would really like the UFO25 and I would recommend this amp to you or anybody else with no hesitation.

I would bet that anybody that has this amp would say the same.  My speakers are 94 db and it is plenty loud but I am in a small room and don't really play my music ear shattering loud.

If you have any doubts about matching up your speakers with a decware amp give Steve Deckert a call. He will tell you with no BS the way forward.

Thanks
Bob

PS If you do decide to go with the MK4 I have about 35 0C2 tubes I don't need anymore.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print