Windom has landed ! (Read 3715 times)
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Windom has landed !
10/01/19 at 23:39:38

www.psaudio.com/windom/

Download links are under the video screen!

Enjoy, I am!

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Windom has landed !
Reply #1 - 10/01/19 at 23:58:55

I'll have an SD card from PS Audio soon. Looking forward to the new OS!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 10/02/19 at 00:04:04

Damn, I was just about to post about this...if Scott didn't send out that E-mail, I wouldn't have known, I've been so out of the loop with this move to Colorado.

Hey, I guess if I need an SD card, I could just drive over and knock on their door.  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 10/02/19 at 05:19:04

Thanks for the info guys. This was my first update with my DacJR since I got it about 4 months ago.  I was able to unzip the files and put them on a memory stick and plug it in the back. Nice and easy!  And I verified on the display that it properly updated to Windom.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 10/03/19 at 02:29:58

I'm still getting settled in my new house (which I'm demoing/fixing/upgrading, so  my setup is just DS to Mystery Amp to El Camino speakers. I updated the OS and just put Alt+J while I worked on unpacking, moving furniture, cutting drywall, cursing poor workmanship...

Anyways, this is another hot damn level of upgrade! I heard things in this album that I've played to death, things I've never heard before...or that you hear but it's kind of buried the cacophony of the mix...but now the instruments seemed to have more density and fullness...or as Paul said, Richness. I let the album play all the way through picking up things here and there; I'm pretty sure I've said before after a good update, it's like I got new remixed version of my favorite album!

I let Roon play through and switch to random (it tries to find music in a similar genre and mood/tempo), I had to FF past a couple tracks I'm like Ugh, no way, but everything I listened to old and well known and tracks I've never heard before were very engaging...I kept finding myself distracted from my house projects...then invigorated by the good tunes...next thing I knew it was 1:30am and I need to be up in 4.5 hours...ooops. I wound up getting a lot done though, and going to bed quite happy.

One other thing that stands out, I swear this DAC sound slightly louder now. One wish I've always had with the DS is that it had a bit more voltage on the XLR output...well, now it sounds like it does! That's quite an update that it made all my music sound denser and the DAC appear to sound louder!

Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #5 - 10/03/19 at 16:04:54

Hey LR,
I'm with you on the improvements Windom has brought.  I, and others have noticed improvement in the bass response.  That along with lower noise/quieter background revealing more information in the track could very well come off as louder even if the voltage hasn't changed.  

Anyway, I'm loving the sound of Windom thus far.  

BTW, great seeing you and hanging out for a bit at RMAF, however short it was.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 10/11/19 at 22:14:53

Quote:
BTW, great seeing you and hanging out for a bit at RMAF, however short it was.

I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was still so sick.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print