Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 13:34:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Used PS Audio Soloist question (Read 1751 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Used PS Audio Soloist question
09/25/19 at 03:55:36

Hey Guys... I have an opportunity to buy a used PS Audio Soloist Premier and had a few questions ....

1.  For long term use...how bulletproof are they if they have been properly installed and used?  

2.  If they have taken a spike or a hit.... will they continue to work properly once the breaker has been reset?

3.  I know they went for about $200 brand new, but any thoughts on what a fair price would be for a slightly used one?

4.  I had contacted PS Audio, and while they are out of warranty and are not serviceable, they did indicate that for a small fee, they would field test it to make sure it was working properly.    

I recently bought 2 Soloist outlets on Amazon that were new, but I have yet to put them into service. What has your experience been with installing them and the difference that they make?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Used PS Audio Soloist question
Reply #1 - 09/25/19 at 11:27:06

I have a Soloist SE and an Ethernet outlet that is a licensed build of a PS Audio Soloist. In the past I have used both, currently I'm using neither.

They are bulletproof. I don't believe either has taken a "hit" so I can't speak to how they would rebound. But they are excellent outlets and really well-built in my estimation.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 09/25/19 at 22:26:26

Hi Lon...thank you for your input.  I was searching the internet and caught an old post of yours on the Steve Hoffman forum back in 2017 in regards to the Soloist.  

With doing construction on the house next year, I am planning out what and where I want the Soloist to be installed.  While I already have 2 brand new ones... getting a 3rd one would be ideal in my setup.  

Since these are hard to find.... I think I will just buy it.  I feel better knowing that I can have PS Audio test it out to verify it’s working properly.  

Thanks again,
Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/25/19 at 22:50:50

You're welcome Dom. Best of luck with the new setup.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print