Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 16:30:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 WATTS TO BEND YOUR MIND (Read 5850 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

2 WATTS TO BEND YOUR MIND
08/24/19 at 05:19:30

God gave us 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 hands, 2 feet and 2 watts and said 'Now let's see what you can do with them.'

The 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier, and the Big Betsy F15 Baffles is what we did with them after two decades of diligence. We never even considered a response until now, but are proud to put it out there to see if there can even be any competition.

This hits harder and sounds more real, more smooth, more natural, more live that any other system of any other type and any other power level that I have encountered since getting into the hobby in the mid 1970's.  It's just two watts with possibly the world coolest speakers.  

Picture this for an audio system: the signal goes into the amplifier... The amplifier has 2 resistors and 1 capacitor in the entire signal path. In fact including the tubes, transformers, jacks and so on there are only 12 solder nodes in a 2 watt Zen Triode amplifier. There is no negative feedback or regulation in the power supplies, instead almost pure DC power from a power supply that is so large it is the same one we use in our 40 watt amplifier!

From the amplifier the signal goes into a single voice coil and into the air as sound! What is missing? The subwoofer is missing. It's not needed. The midrange drivers are missing. They're not needed. The tweeter is missing. It's not needed. The crossover is missing!!!  It's not needed.  The speaker box is missing!!!!!!! It's not needed.

Welcome to Decware Zen Triodes where we like to say if the first watt sucks, why continue... now let's get down to business and blow your mind so hard you will be assured of re-thinking everything.  Just come and hear it for yourself.  October 4th 5th and 6th during our annual 3 day audio fest!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: 2 WATTS TO BEND YOUR MIND
Reply #1 - 08/24/19 at 06:12:05

If you're new to Decware here are some quick ways to get up to speed...

Read the Steve/Decware & Company.....Developments thread and you'll have everything new that's happened over the past year or two.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1408725911

Read the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier thread..... the development of the wonder amp that is crushing everything...

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1532962150

And finally read the thread about "Steve's Big Betsy Project".... a speaker that completely spontaneously changed everything.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1561942815

Reading just these three threads will fast forward you into a new way of thinking. We can guarantee it.

Of course the web site itself has an archive of great articles on hi-fi which underpin everything we do.  

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/24/19 at 06:17:35

I love the stripped down/hot rodded direction that you are taking, Steve.

I had a Harley when I was a teenager, and the first thing that I did was strip all the unnecessary gear off it. If it didn't make it go faster, I took it off. And put a 3/4 racing cam in. My dad thought that I was nuts. And I was. But it sure was fast as hell. It seems to me that is what you've done here - stripped it down to the essence, built it back up stronger, and unleashed it. Cool as it gets!

Randy

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/25/19 at 04:04:18

That glowing orange big speaker has so much beauty. I sure like looking at it!

Brian

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 08/25/19 at 05:00:21

Brian,

Come and hear it!

WWW   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/25/19 at 13:39:30

A bend in the universe for sure!

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #6 - 08/27/19 at 17:10:33

Since RMAF is on a different weekend for once, I guess I'll need to see about getting a flight back home and renting a car for the weekend.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 08/27/19 at 22:52:38

A small price to pay for a mind bending experience, El Presidente.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 09/09/19 at 02:22:37

Another 100dB way to get the job done with our 2 watt Zen Triode amplifiers is this Big Betsy Jr. speaker featuring the flagship Crystal 10 inch drivers and a ZROCK2 active class A Single-ended-triode tube EQ.  It will be available for sale this winter and we won't know the prices or option until then.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #9 - 09/10/19 at 03:21:39

Here is the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode amplifier that so wonderfully drives these speakers.

More Info can be found here:https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84UFO25.html

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #10 - 09/10/19 at 04:37:30

And if you like, the optional matching preamplifier...

https://www.decware.com/newsite/CSP325.html

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 09/14/19 at 05:31:50

Real power is about the watt itself, not how many watts. An army of shitty watts is a shitty army. We build warriors.

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 09/15/19 at 03:36:26

"An army of shitty watts is a shitty army."

It's a new slogan!

Ha Ha Ha!

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print