Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 01:02:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red tips on replacements? (Read 3721 times)
funch
Seasoned Member

Red tips on replacements?
08/13/19 at 04:12:26

Today I got my two SV83's from Decware for my SE84UFO. Should they have the red tips like the tubes that came with the amp? My new ones don't. Just curious. Thanks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Red tips on replacements?
Reply #1 - 03/24/21 at 21:40:58

I got two pair in this month and they too did not have the red tips. Seems the new norm--though input tubes that come with components seem to have red tips.

I suspected my output tubes were in need of replacement and I was right. I broke the new tubes in for a week on my audio video system and then compared them to the tubes in my main system. They really sound fantastic in comparison, the tubes they replace were beginning to be aged, though they were only 9 months old; I usually change tubes once a year. Perhaps running the 6SN7 tubes has been a harder load. Regardless, I still believe the tubes Steve tests and matches are the best available and I'm really enjoying this new pair.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/13/21 at 16:12:35

One can never have too many spares, and the Decware pricing seems rather reasonable considering.

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/13/21 at 19:09:06

Quote:
One can never have too many spares...

Oh yes one can. That's why I've sold $1,000's worth after stupidly purchasing too many spares. So my advice to anyone is to not do what I did.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/14/21 at 11:43:11

Oh yes one can. That's why I've sold $1,000's worth after stupidly purchasing too many spares. So my advice to anyone is to not do what I did.

Lol!  I am a benefactor of some of your spares!   Grin

Omega SAMS,Altec 604C in O/B,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800)
Caintuck Lii 15s, T6s, CSP3 25tt , Elekit 8900,IFI Zen Stream, Pontus I
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/14/21 at 18:23:41

Quote:
Lol!  I am a benefactor of some of your spares!  

and a few others here too!  LOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print