Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 22:23:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What to do? (Read 5471 times)
Reptar

What to do?
06/17/19 at 21:21:27

Hello everyone, I ordered a SE84UFO in February (with the level 2 Cap upgrade) and see the status has changed last week going from New to on the bench in about 2 days and now its been in testing for about 2 days.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to go from testing -> Quality Control -> Shipping? I'm ready to jump out of my skin!

Hard to keep waiting, just looking for a little hope/guidance as to what lies ahead.

I think I want to order the ZROCK2 (with Cap and Regulator upgrades) but feel I should get the SE84UFO first and hear what it sounds like before I pull the trigger on the ZROCK2.

I listen nearfield - speakers (Omega CAM) are about 3 feet from my head in my office so I listen at low levels but want to hear "full" sound.

Since I've never heard the SE84UFO I don't know what to expect, I've read a bunch of really great online reviews but don't want to have to wait another 5 months if the ZROCK2 is what I need.

Anyone have any advice except to have some more patience   Smiley

Thanks in advance.  

Regards
Steve

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: What to do?
Reply #1 - 06/17/19 at 22:06:52

Have more patience.

Just kidding. You could do well listening to the amp as is. Then you could bulk up or fill out the sound with a ZSTAGE or Zrock.

I had a Zen near field and the ZSTAGE helped it a lot

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 06/17/19 at 22:10:17

Patience, my friend Smiley   I know how hard it is to have to wait. I have had a Zbit inQ since February myself.  It is still listed as "New", but any day now, that will update to "parts pulled" Smiley

My guess is that by the end of next week, you will have your new amp on the way to you.

You will absolutely love it!  Just know that everything in your sound chain is very important for it to perform as it should - Top quality interconnects, power cords and speaker cable are a must!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #3 - 06/17/19 at 22:28:30

Thank you for your help, I knew the real answer was patience just hoping for some magical thinking Smiley I'll wait a few weeks more before I hope to receive my new Amp.

All the best and thank you!

Warm regards
Steve

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/17/19 at 22:40:44

Go ahead and order the Zrock you won’t regret it. What you will regret is the long wait for it.

IP Logged
Joey

Reply #5 - 06/17/19 at 22:50:56

I have SE8425th# 57 that just went to testing. Yes, it's been a long wait but I don't want anyone to rush through this most critical stage of QC, so I'm just gonna roll with it. BTW, I have a 25th modded SE84 now that's so sick, I don't know how much better it can be!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 06/18/19 at 00:39:04

Steve,

I am guessing a SE84UFO with level 2 cap upgrade is the standard amp with Jupiter Copper coupling caps, and not 25th modifications? If so, since your amp is nearly on the bench, might be that 25th mods in the SE84UFO could be done at the same time and quite efficiently being during the build. If so, this might beef up and refine the amp enough so that the ZRock2 may not take too much brain activity for a while as your new amp burns in. Wink

If the thought appeals, a call to Steve to get his thoughts could be fun!

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/18/19 at 01:12:47

I agree with ordering the ZROCK2 now if you can swing it. You won't "need" it per say but I'm willing to bet after experiencing what it does, you won't want to be without it.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/18/19 at 03:11:32

Decware and Omega have some great synergy as I'm sure you're aware and the wait is well worth it. Should go quickly now.

I'm going to be a bit of an outlier here .. I was on the fence regarding the ZROCK2 and in the end decided to purchase one of Omega's subs instead. The sub made a world of difference for me. On occasion I still contemplate adding a ZROCK2 to the mix but I'm happy with my choice. If funds were unlimited, I would order one in a heartbeat.

IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #9 - 06/18/19 at 16:28:59

Thank You! I am so tempted to order the ZROCK2. I also considered ordering the Omega Sub but I think I prefer to hear what the Omega CAMs can do with the SE84UFO by itself. All it may need is a bit of bass boost at low levels which is what the ZROCK2 seems to be intended for.

I have a good Sub in my other system in my Living Room, its SS and much "bigger" - Rotel and B&W floor standers with a REL Sub. The Sub is great for movies but not always great for music (in my opinion) so that is why I am so curious about the ZROCK2. Thanks for your help and time. Regards

IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #10 - 06/20/19 at 16:08:17

Thanks to all for your advice. I broke down and ordered the ZROCK2, as someone in this thread said I will be unhappy with the long wait so I pulled the trigger and bought it with the Level 2 caps and regulator tube. You only live once!

Still waiting for the status on my SE84UFO to change from Testing - the waiting is a killer but I don't want to change the process, it obviously works!

Regards

IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/20/19 at 16:12:18

Congrats @Reptar .. be sure to let us know what you think once all is in place. Good listening!

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 06/20/19 at 17:04:33

Congratulations, great choice that you will not be ever disappointed with. My prediction is you aren’t done yet Smiley Smiley

Hoppy Listening
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print