Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:14:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Future 25th Anniversary Setup (Read 2928 times)
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

My Future 25th Anniversary Setup
06/07/19 at 22:10:59

Ladies and Gentlemen I am so pleased to share with you what I think might be one of the last additions to my Decware indulgence.  After placing my order early February I waited patiently, checking the wait list and wondering how it would all sound.  I have several fine pieces but now I think the whole thing will really come together. My ZROCK2 went from new to testing all in one day!  Here will be the lineup.  Turntable to ZP2- ZP2 to CSP3(25)- CSP3(25) to ZROCK2(25)- ZROCK2(25) to SE84UFO25.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions as to this setup makes sense organized so?  Has anyone done it in different order?  Whatever the case I am so excited!  Cant believe it seems to be happening so quickly!

Thanks for any input and have a wonderful weekend,

Dan

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Re: My Future 25th Anniversary Setup
Reply #1 - 06/07/19 at 22:58:29

looks like many many hours of aural bliss are coming your way!  I could say, "enjoy" but that is a foregone conclusion!!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/08/19 at 01:11:09

Fabulous lineup!  One suggestion is to put the ZR2 in front of the CSP3.  With it after you can get distortion if you over drive the ZR2.  The CSP3 can put out 30 volts but the ZR2 max's out at 15 volts.

Are you really using a ZP2 or did you mean ZP3?

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/08/19 at 01:36:16

I agree with Archie. Put the ZR2 between the ZP3 phono preamp and the CSP3 preamp. Then adjust the ZR2 knob to suit your taste. I set mine at about 1 or 2 o'clock.  It takes a while for the ZR2 to fully settle in. My 25th anniversary modded unit went thru a lot of changes😗.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/09/19 at 04:58:02

Thanks a lot for the suggestions Archie and HK.  I appreciate this forum because so many people know right off the bat what a better solution would be!  As for as the phono stage goes, it is a ZP2, someone put one in classifieds around two years ago and the price was super attractive.  Plus it already has the SUT's installed so thats a bonus.  I think I member asking Steve if there were any thing that could be done to that unit like the 25th mods and I think he said tube regulation might be a possibility.  It is not tube rectified.  Maybe something for caps too.  I have a Torii MKIV that could be modified by Steve as well but those projects are a little farther down the road.  Again, thanks you guys.
Dan  

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/09/19 at 17:35:27

I watched a ZP2 on ebay last year and wondered how it compared with the ZP3 and ZMC1 that I have.  For some reason I thought it might be superior but it's lower gain may have been an issue.  Steve's paper on the ZP# development is an entertaining read.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print