Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 15:31:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I JUST FIGURED OUT THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER! (Read 6304 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

I JUST FIGURED OUT THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER!
06/03/19 at 05:53:12

Thank you to each and every one of you who post here, and each and every one of you who read those posts without signing up to become members! Seriously!  

This forum has been online every day since 1996 and grown into a community of kind, sincere audiophiles with a total lack of arrogance that makes this forum literally THE place to learn the truth about how to achieve hi-fidelity sound in your home.  

Of all the forums out there, this one has ZERO spam!  Massive amounts of money have gone into making that that case.  Also there are precious few FLAME wars here, because the people here are not assholes.

And of course you see ZERO advertisements because we're not trying to make money from our forum, in fact we pay for it.  The price to maintain this forum is a new car every year.  We do this to promote our business which is about finding true high fidelity, not audio jewelry.

If you want to find out the truth about ANYTHING related to achieving hi-fidedilty playback and how it might differentiate from the main stream talking points associated with the hi-dollar hi-end audio jewelry industry where the mark-up itself is used as a placebo...

You're in the right place.  The people here are your friends.  They know stuff.  They've been there and enjoy sparing you from spending money on the same dumb mistakes by letting you know what happened to them.  Truth is, the money you save from the free education you can get from lurking in this forum could easily pay for most of the gear on the Decware web site.

We've made it easier than ever to join this forum with instant access, no waiting.  

Also, if you spend any time lurking here, you already know it's not a Decware only forum.  You can talk about anything and any brand audio gear you want and everyone does.

We also have a free classifieds section here that helps you feel even more offended by the membership fees and commissions of audiogon and eBay.

ROCK ON!

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Re: I JUST FIGURED OUT THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER!
Reply #1 - 06/03/19 at 11:26:26

I couldn't agree more with this comment, Steve. I've only been in this hobby for 11 years, which I know is newbie status for many here, but right from the start, 5 or 6 years ago, I was made to feel welcome in your forum. That helped me, and encouraged me to stay on this track, and I'm really grateful for that. I have learned so much, and my enjoyment of music has grown so much through the knowledge that the other forum members have been willing to share. So thanks to you, and to all who contribute here.

Randy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 06/03/19 at 12:03:09

Amen! There is no other audio forum I've frequented where there is such an open and nurturing bedrock to build on. Thanks to Decware for funding this, it's a daily haven for me, and I've learned so much here.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/03/19 at 14:03:05

Yeah it is the best forum ever.

I once posted over on a General Motors forum that discussed all the GM brands. The moderators were like Nazis. Eventually I dropped off of that.

This place is unusually peaceful yet welcoming.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #4 - 06/03/19 at 15:16:43

Greeting all,

This forum is a wonderful audio resource as well as a place for audio buddies to keep in touch. Sadly, a lot of geography is between most of us and this "shortens the distance" .....

Truthfully, the entire "Decware experience" is an amazing thing.
Great sounding audio gear and the opportunity to attend the annual Zen Fest is something that is very special in the hobby .....

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #5 - 06/03/19 at 16:44:27

Yep. Love this forum. I sometimes get tickled on other forums at how rude and obnoxious people can be. No such problem here. Even though there are disagreements from time to time, they are always "kind" disagreements. I have learned more in the last year on this forum than I have in my whole audio lifetime before.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #6 - 06/03/19 at 17:12:11

I wonder how many active forum members there are?
Are we 100 strong? 50??

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/03/19 at 18:07:25

This forum is by far the most friendly and helpful I've encountered. I lurked here long before finally posting and only after buying the SE84UFO. Felt welcomed from the start.

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/03/19 at 18:57:52

check out the forum statistics section at the very end for forum member numbers and activities

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 06/03/19 at 19:26:30

You guys have stated it better than I could, so I’ll just say I completely concur with all the prior posts.
It would be interesting to know about how many active, depending on how you want to define it members there are. Visiting here daily (like it’s not only once per) is something I always look towards and find myself disappointed somedays when there are no new posts, but there is always endless things to look back on.
Thanks Steve!
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
dvl

Reply #10 - 06/03/19 at 20:27:43

Thanks, Steve for footing the bill for this ad-free, friendly, informative forum. i know it works as marketing for you, but that doesn't make it any less remarkable. Without it, i don't know that i would have jumped in. Great people willing to share a wealth of knowledge, just amazing.  

David

IP Logged
MarioEd
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 06/03/19 at 22:18:36

As many others have said, Thank You Steve! In addition to making great equipment you host a wonderful forum. I don't post much but check in daily. The folks here are great and I really enjoy the lack of flames.

Regards,
Mario

Roon Rock NUC 11i7 > Sonore ultrarendu > Chord Qutest dac > Bottlehead Moreplay > Jolida Foz ss-x >SE84UFO > Omega Junior 8XRS, Kimber Kable hero IC & Audience Ohno iii SC
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #12 - 06/03/19 at 23:55:55

Right on Steve! Forum members (Steve included) have been spot on in the advise I've received. Forum has saved me a butt-load of cash chasing kick ass awesome playback in both vinyl and CD world. I've been at it for 5+ years with Decware + forums and each new piece of advice and addition to my system and/or room treatments have been positive. So, thank you all for your time and input and to Steve for his dedication and skills.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 06/04/19 at 00:35:26

This forum rocks. Great discussion, helpful advice, and insightful tube-rolling guidance.  Three key take aways  worth noting - match your speakers to the right amplifier, get 25th Anniversary mods if at all possible, and listen to new music that gets recommended by others.

A great fraternity of folks to be sure. Thanks Steve!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
BAndrade
Seasoned Member

Do it once, do it
right. Repeat for
quality life.

Reply #14 - 06/04/19 at 01:42:02

Agree! Largely due to the conducive environment created and supported by Steve this is perhaps the best forum around to bounce off ideas from each other.

My Decware gear is absolutely better due to it.

I can feel music nirvana way at the end of the tunnel. The journey is long but guided by this forum we should get there - cheaply and efficiently without too much wastage I hope.

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 06/04/19 at 04:47:23

Most of what I know about amp design or speaker design I learned either here in the forum or from Steve's technical papers on this web site.  Auditorium design even more so.

Steve said:  "the people here are not assholes".
Thanks Steve!  Always good to hear.

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print