04/19/24 at 18:31:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audirvana 3.5 (Read 4376 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Audirvana 3.5
05/02/19 at 18:37:02

Hey just a heads up, if you haven't already upgraded to 3.5 you might want to consider it.

I held off due to early bug reports I read on Computer Audiophile, but there have been a few dot releases since and I took the plunge.  I figured it's free and I could always go back to 3.2.

Anyway, I was immediately struck by the smoother more analogue sound (as the saying goes).  I am not upsampling in Audirvana BTW.  I am upsampling to DSD in my TEAC.

I also like the dark interface because the old light one completely harshed my mellow each time I had to go to the interface to change a song or something.

I haven't figured out how to use Remote yet on my phone but I'll give it another shot tonight.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Audirvana 3.5
Reply #1 - 05/03/19 at 03:32:30

Thanks for the heads up Palomino.  I tend to hold off on updates longer than I should.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #2 - 05/03/19 at 03:48:55

I ended up selling my Mac Mini rig after purchasing my new 432 EVO AEON.  However, I installed 3.5 on the Mini that I sold and had some time to play around with it.  I installed the beta version and it actually performed without a glitch.  The GUI is MUCH improved in more ways than one.  My biggest complaint was with the desktop GUI.  I love the Remote App even with the old 3.2 GUI which was 90's era design.... really bad.  

According to the developer, Remote App is getting an update later this year.  When I had my Mini, I only used the Remote app and it worked great!   I imagine the updated version will be even better, based on the improvements the desktop version received.  

Audirvana+ is a great piece of audiophile software.  

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/19 at 14:50:32

Well last night I could not figure out how to show my playlists.  They are still there but not displayed off to the left like usual.  Could be user error, but it was frustrating.  

I switched back to 3.2 and the playback seemed much "harder" so that added to my frustration because I wanted to listen to the new version.

I also fired up the remote ap and it worked fine...until it didn't.  Then it did again later in the evening.

So there may still be some bugs to work out but I like the sound enough to keep working with it.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Ellsworth
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/05/19 at 18:07:17

Thanks for the heads up on this.  It prompted me to upgrade from 3.07.  The upgrade went smoothly and shows a definite improvement in sound - it seems more vivid and full.  Not bad for a free upgrade

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/05/19 at 18:20:03

I figured out the playlist.  Remote is still flaky.  Enjoying the sound.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print