Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:09:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USB cable from PC to DAC (Read 2653 times)
NEXTLEVEL5
Verified Member

USB cable from PC to DAC
04/22/19 at 23:00:47

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a Pangea SE USB cable and I am looking to upgrade to something better. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I am looking for a 4ft length cable.

Thanks

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Re: USB cable from PC to DAC
Reply #1 - 04/23/19 at 00:46:20

Transparent Audio Performance USB: $100/1m

The Performance USB uses heavy-gauge conductors, robust connectors, and high-quality dielectrics and shielding, and can be used in runs of up to 30'. In addition to being significantly more durable than Art's reference Belkin cable, the Performance USB was quieter and produced blacker silences. Price increases by $30 for each additional meter. (Vol.33 No.1)

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/recommended-components-2019-edition-cables#D...

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 04/23/19 at 16:07:48

Interesting - USB spec (which is what our DACs run on and expect) say that USB can only be run 15'. Anything over that and you're running out of spec and probably causing artifacts.

A good USB is one that meets USB spec (a lot of high end cables don't!), and doesn't cause any reflections, echos, or transfer power noise from one device to another.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Toni
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/11/22 at 20:52:05

After comparison tests in German forums, I bought the Neo d+ USB Class S cable. 1 1/2 years ago it cost about 80 euros for two meters (in Germany). It was for me the best cable in the ratio of performance and price, at least according to the comparative tests made in the forums. Granted, the manufacturing company produces equipment for Djs, but the quality is convincing. Only cables for several 100 euros yielded resoundingly better results.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print