Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 18:38:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can Taboo run with only one speaker? (Read 2450 times)
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Can Taboo run with only one speaker?
04/22/19 at 03:59:56

Steve,
I am putting my Taboo MKIII on center channel home theater duty behind my Ultra pre-amp.  I have a "Y" cable taking the single RCA "Center" out connection on the Ultra into the R and L RCA's on the Taboo to run my single Omega center channel speaker.

I assume the Taboo cannot be bridged but if it can, I would prefer to run it bridged.  If it cannot be run bridged, is there any issue with connecting my single Omega speaker into one set of speaker posts and not having any load on the other set of speaker outputs?  If that is a problem, would I just need to run an 8 Ohm resistor between the + and - on the unused posts?  

Thanks for you help on this.  

Jeff

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Can Taboo run with only one speaker?
Reply #1 - 04/22/19 at 04:46:28

The resistor idea will work, sure.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Re: Can Taboo run with only one speaker?
Reply #2 - 04/22/19 at 05:04:38

Great!  Thanks for the quick reply.

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print