03/28/24 at 18:05:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dusting Trapeziums (Read 4555 times)
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

dusting Trapeziums
04/19/19 at 18:48:25

What's the best way to keep the dust off the Traps? I have them at work and it's a little dusty. I keep a towel over them at night and leave the towel folded up on top of the speakers during the day. Should I use a paint brush like I do for my amps? Maybe compressed air that's not too strong? Also, I'm wondering if there's a good recommended polish for the speaker's wood veneer.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: dusting Trapeziums
Reply #1 - 04/20/19 at 14:51:24

If you blow compressed air onto them you might slip and harm one of the drivers.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 04/22/19 at 23:00:34

I've used compressed air at low pressure with good results for the heavy stuff....But for the drivers I clean mine up with a chip brush. You know the cheapest 1-1/2" to 2" brush they sell. Cut about half of it off (length of bristles) and go around the driver in a circular fashion.

Mine get so dusty, I have to do this about every week, and so far, no harm!

Zygi

As far as polish, just use what you would use on your furniture. Just spray it on the cloth, rather than on the speaker. Works great!

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/17/19 at 19:55:25

Thanks Zygi. Is the chip brush cleaning the same for the HR-1's also?

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
ZYGI
YaBB Moderator

HR-ONE

Reply #4 - 05/17/19 at 20:50:05

Yes, pretty much.

The one thing you don't want to do is get anything with any moisture to touch the front driver on the HR-1's. It won't ruin the driver, except for the cosmetics.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/19 at 23:23:57

I finally bought a soft 1 1/2" sash brush and it's great for the above and my amps.  I also sometimes use the circular, horsehair, brush with my vacuum.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print