Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 21:43:50 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New PS Audio Super DAC (Read 32790 times)
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Re: New PS Audio Super DAC
Reply #50 - 12/12/19 at 03:54:50

Thanks Lon. I have to say that my digital sounds way better than my vinyl right now. The PSA DSD put digital way ahead. Granted I have an inexpensive TT with an inexpensive cartridge. I have a lot of vinyl and I want a better TT system. I just have to figure out bang for the buck to get close. I think I’ll have to do some listening at the local hifi shops. I know it won’t sound the same as in my living room but hopefully I’ll get a good comparison.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
chumily
Verified Member

Reply #51 - 12/13/19 at 23:16:14

BH1, thanks for posting about the sale.  I registered with PSA and was able to take advantage of the DS DAC sale.  After just a couple days of burning in, I am blown away by the clarity and presence.  I am with you that this DAC is a game changer for digital!  Now I just need to learn how best to set this up in my system and best use the USB and ethernet functionality.  Should be some fun for the weekend.

IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 05/10/20 at 18:40:34

Silly me. I bought the Bridge II when I bought the DAC. Plugged in an Ethernet cable from my router and am streaming Spotify connect. It also supports Qobuz. Guess I don’t need a streamer. I think now is the time to get a qobuz subscription.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #53 - 05/10/20 at 19:02:17

I was going to suggest the Bridge not knowing if you had one. (I have no experience with one, but thought it would do what you wished). Congrats, enjoy--the DSD is such a good DAC it would make no real sense to have another DAC inside a streamer.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 05/13/20 at 01:29:17

Silly me again. I downloaded the wrong mconnect. The player rather than the control. Now that I’ve downloaded the control, I also have internet radio!! I can listen to knkx’s all blues and kexp’s roadhouse, swinging doora and positive vibrations!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print