03/28/24 at 15:22:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just got my Zen84 done (Read 479 times)
andrewbutton
Verified Member

Just got my Zen84 done
04/05/19 at 19:07:04

Just got my Zen84 kit done and mounted in a 1940 Philco cabinet. It hasn't had a lot of break in time yet but what I can say is that the whole package is out of the world in terms of imaging and soundstage. I used Allen Bradley carbon comp resistors in the signal paths and almost everywhere else as well as Mundorf Oils and Dynamicaps. I am astounded by the design of this amp. HUGE Hats off to Steve on this one! I have a huge push pull amp built by another very well known engineer, and its super, but this Zen84 has a sonic edge. DECWARE SE is the last word !  Nobody else besides myself has heard it yet, but I am curious to see what they think. I have some linear pots in it right now but I am waiting for a stepped attenuator to add to the system.

IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: Just got my Zen84 done
Reply #1 - 04/05/19 at 23:02:39

We need pictures!

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/01/19 at 02:28:52

Andrew, That sounds really great! With the carbon resistors & oil filled caps, I guess it would have a wonderful rich sound.  It must be beautiful.  

Brian

IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #3 - 05/01/19 at 16:22:49

Andrew,  SE in an old Philco box sounds really cool retro. Wish I had the skills to build one myself. It'd be a great experience.

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print