Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ZLC (Read 10534 times)
Archie
Seasoned Member

ZLC
03/22/19 at 18:39:54

Anyone with a ZLC ...

I just got my ZLC and I've already blown both fuses.  I have less than 3 AMPS load connected to it (ZP3 .5A, CSP3 .5A, ZMA 1.5A, ZR2 .1A, TT .1A, DVD OPPO .1A).  When I first plugged the unit into my Leviton hospital grade, surge protecting outlets it tripped my 20 amp breaker.  The breaker held when reset.  I was checking about some system hum and I unplugged everything from the ZLC and the ZLC from the wall.  After reconnecting everything, the outlet was still hot but the ZLC fuses were blown.

Anybody have any ideas?  Nothing in the manual about this as far as I could see.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: ZLC
Reply #1 - 03/22/19 at 19:00:17

Archie,

This shouldn't happen. Did you check the size of the fuse?--should be 8 amp.  I have.a TV, a DVR, a universal player, a CSP2+ with 25th Mods and a Taboo Mk III connected to my ZLC. Has operated flawlessly and acted as if it isn't even jogging, for two weeks plus.

Sorry this has happened. Seems if the fuses are 8 or 10 amp a call in to Steve is the next step.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/22/19 at 19:30:21

I'm waiting for him to call back.  The only thing I can think of is that when I plugged everything back in, the amps were on and something surged.

Of course, in my neck of the woods, fuses are hard to come by.  I found a pair of T5A, 240V fuses at my local True Value.  Most of what they have are for christmas lights!  These shouldn't blow given my load but who knows?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/22/19 at 19:38:57

Does seem odd that a 5 amp would blow, but who knows. Hope he calls back and this gets resolved.

So far as I can tell you and I are the only ones mentioning having received the ZLC on the board. I'm enjoying mine. I had very high expectations and most were met. Rock solid, though the top cover does "ring" and I dampened it with a little brass elephant. . . . I don't like ringing case parts, seems it may be vibration prone.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/22/19 at 21:34:15

I got mine about an hour ago, going to give run in an hour or so. Bummer on the fuse, I can’t imagine it having the wrong fuse in it, it’s looking like they really burn these things in when they go through all the final steps after building them.
I have to say the packaging is pretty impressive, it took about 20 minutes to get at the thing!
I hope you get it resolved, I have the same problem here finding anything like a fuse, I’ve been meaning to get a full set of internal and external from Steve for backup and tubes too, guess I’ll be on that ASAP, if something goes for me I’m out of luck also.
Keep us posted on what you hear.
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #5 - 03/23/19 at 16:19:00

I’m sorry you’re having trouble Adam. That kind of crap can be so aggravating! I’ve had mine going for a week or so with no issues. I hope by now you have talked to Steve and have figured out what happened.

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/23/19 at 17:50:44

Steve will update the manual but he said the toroid transformer is so efficient that if the 60Hz AC is at its peak when you plug it in it can pop the breaker.  He said that once it's plugged in to just leave it that way.  As far as the fuses, the 5A blew immediately which Steve said was inevitable given that it's a 10A toroid.  The 8A may be borderline but he put them in for safety sake.  He's sending me some fuses, hopefully some 10A.  There is one red herring in my power and that's that I have Leviton "surge" protection outlets.  Steve looked them up and while he couldn't see any problem, he suggested that if my problem persists that they could be somehow contributing.

If some of what I wrote doesn't make sense, I may have got it wrong since I really don't understand much of this.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 03/23/19 at 18:20:24

Glad the mystery is solved; hope you get fuses ASAP and all goes well.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #8 - 03/23/19 at 19:16:27

Hope the new fuses get to you quickly. Fingers crossed that you don’t have any more problems, but it sounds like there is a chance you may have to replace the outlets. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/23/19 at 22:57:11

I'll be bummed if I have to change an outlet.  Besides being hard to do given its location, I swapped the Hospital grade outlets I had there for these thinking they'd give me better protection.  Could be a case of too much technology.  We shall see.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/25/19 at 21:01:14

Steve sent me a pile of fuses so I could blow a few.  They were all 8A and fortunately I didn't blow any.  I first turned off my breaker to the outlet and plugged everything in but with the ZLC switches off.  After turning the breaker back on, the voltmeter read 120 V and I turned on all of the switches without incident.  I'll see later how it does with the power down and power up cycle.  I haven't decided whether to use the ZLC switches or the component switches.  The only difference I can see is that by using the ZLC switches I might save wear and tear on the component switches which are likely harder to replace when worn out.

But here's the amazing part.  At start up, my ZMA meters were 8mA higher than where I'd left them last night!  I had to dial them back.  After 45 minutes of warm up they lost only 1 to 2 mA, if that.  Any ideas what's up with that?

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 03/25/19 at 21:14:15

Glad it's all functioning. Don't know what to say about your meters . . . or my display info.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 03/25/19 at 21:30:42

Steve said the other day something about the high efficiency of the toroid transformer and I think there is something in the manual about it being super fast in supplying power for peaks.  I wonder if it makes the amps more efficient somehow?  IDK, I sent him an email letting him know my ZLC was on-line and I mentioned the bias effect.  Maybe he'll shed some light on it.

Edit:  As the ZMA has more fully warmed up the bias has lowered more but I think I'm still dialed about 4mA lower than without the ZLC.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #13 - 03/25/19 at 23:24:39

Hope it will act right for you this time, Archie.

Is it ok to leave it on all the time? Mine has been on non-stop since I got it about 12 days ago.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 03/26/19 at 00:34:11

So far so good.  The other day Steve told me to keep the ZLC plugged in always.  When the switches are all off, it doesn't draw any current but the toroid stays charged.  I plan on using the ZLC switches to turn components on and off.  The ZR2 switch will stay on all the time though.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 03/26/19 at 00:37:30

I leave mine on all the time. I believe it's designed to be perfectly fine with that.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #16 - 03/26/19 at 00:42:57

Archie,

Your idea of using the switches on the ZLC to power components on and off may be the way to go. Keeps the individual component switches from wearing out.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 03/26/19 at 16:46:54

I don't know if it's a transference of the weight and heft of the ZLC itself into my psyche or a real effect but the music I played last night had a weight and density at the base that was impressive.  It seemed to have a solid foundation that was somewhat lacking before.

I have a suggestion for Steve for the blanks above the ZLC switches.  How about labels either with or without lights behind them.  Six switches is beyond my ability to consistently remember what they correspond to.  My typical limit is two.   Wink

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #18 - 03/26/19 at 17:16:21

Ha. It's funny that you say that, because last night I tried powering everything off using the ZLC switches and had to end up making a note so I'd remember what was what.  I just got through using a label maker here at work to make some labels to stick on when I get home.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 03/26/19 at 17:31:58

I know!  I made labels too but they don't stick very well.  I wonder if we can find those inserts in white so a sharpie would show up.  I have mine in a cabinet so aesthetics aren't as important.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 03/26/19 at 18:56:54

Does anyone know the actual hole size that the plugs fill?  I found white-ish plugs but I don't know the size without pulling a plug which has proved difficult without taking the ZLC cover off.  I think they are 3/4 inch though.  Or I could use a white paint-pen on the black covers.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 03/26/19 at 19:22:44

Brother P-Touch   Smiley

ZLC.jpg

RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #22 - 03/26/19 at 19:41:02

I just used the exact same label maker to make labels, Scott!  Are they sticking ok?

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/26/19 at 19:44:12

So far, so good.
I have everything on and use component switches, but I still wanted to know what was where, plus a couple things are on 24/7

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #24 - 03/26/19 at 19:45:15

Adam, 3/4" looks right, but white paint pen printing might look pretty cool.

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 03/26/19 at 21:14:23

I went the white paint route.  Since mine is in a cabinet penmanship didn't count.   Tongue  

I like turning things on and off from a central location.  Reaching behind the ZP3 and CSP3 transformers was always a bit of a pain.

This is a really nice piece of equipment.  Anyone need a slightly used Trip-lite?   Grin

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #26 - 03/26/19 at 21:56:49

At the moment I'm only turning one or two items on and off on that system and I have those two plugged into the 1 and 2 spots, easy to remember. The others (DVR, TV, Universal player) I just leave on all the time. (The TV has its own standby state when plugged in and the ZLC switch is on).

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #27 - 03/28/19 at 02:36:22

Got my labels on. They stuck pretty well but I can see what Archie was talking about when he said he had trouble. If they fall off, I’ll go to the white paint pen.

00788BEA-4F86-46FF-BF72-951F58AF9A93.jpeg

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #28 - 03/28/19 at 03:54:37

What a fabulous idea to use the hole plugs as labels !!!   Great Job!  

The hole diameter is 0.87 or 7/8 inch.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #29 - 03/28/19 at 04:03:24

Regarding ZMA bias...

When the line voltage drops, the ZMA bias also drops.  When the line voltage goes up, the ZMA bias will also go up.  

Regarding sound, the stored energy in such a huge transformer is going to pack a pretty serious punch compared to a wall outlet so amplifiers that actually consume some power are certainly going to sound better.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 03/28/19 at 16:50:22

Steve, I'm not sure how to interpret what you said about line voltage and bias relative to what I observed.  The ZLC voltmeter read 120V, which is very likely what I always have (my electric meter has a voltage readout that stays pretty steady at 240V) but my meters read 8mA higher with the ZLC than without.  Once I dialed the bias back it has stayed constant.  Have you looked at your ZMA bias with and without the ZLC?  I don't know if this changes anything about how my ZMA runs but I thought it was an interesting effect.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 03/30/19 at 17:15:07

I put the 6P tubes back in my ZMA and have the bias set at 60mA.  The point I want to make is that now my output transformers are running barely more than warm.  Before the ZLC I could expect 120+ degrees.  If I had to guess, I'd say they are well below 110.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #32 - 03/30/19 at 17:44:39

If you think about it, noise on a 50/60 cycle wave such as the AC voltage at the outlet, would not necessarily be in phase with the fundamental frequency of 50/60 cycles.  You can be certain that any out-of-phase signals, or DC entering into the primary of a power transformer is going to create heat and lower efficiency.  My guess is that your amp runs cooler because there is no longer any noise on its primary windings.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 03/30/19 at 21:52:25

Certainly a welcome effect!  I think this must tie into the bias difference somehow as well.  Maybe we now have less heat and more music.   Smiley

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #34 - 03/31/19 at 00:59:09

Call me a perfectionist...

B4E1F12E-D85B-4350-8802-F283FC29AE4C.jpeg

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #35 - 03/31/19 at 01:32:41

Ahhh...
Funny...Had to have it
I like the round stickers

ZLC_.jpg

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 03/31/19 at 01:41:43

I'm thinking grey or silver stickers with black hand written lettering. I think that will look cool. Cool

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #37 - 03/31/19 at 02:02:04

Geno needs another ZLC for his turntable. . . Wink

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #38 - 03/31/19 at 02:09:56

I surely do need another one, Lon!  

That’s funny, Scott! Great minds think alike Cool

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #39 - 04/04/19 at 18:56:49

Okay, I think my ZLC is well-broken-in by now. I began experimenting with incorporating it into my main system Tuesday and have continued into today.

I tried all the analog components plugged into the ZLC and all digital into the PS Audio P10. And then I tried the reverse, all analog into the P10 and all digital into the ZLC. My conclusion: the original option was the best, all components plugged into the P10. The difference was really not subtle--all components into the P10 exhibited noticeably more dynamic contrast and more "focus," with the best tonal balance.

Then I once again plugged the ZLC between the wall and the P10, so that the only item the ZLC was feeding was the P10 itself. Subtly I found this was the best configuration. There is a touch more mellowness to the overall sound, and a bit of a more controlled feel overall. I'm leaving this configuration in place. All power cords are the PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12 for all components. The ZLC is sitting atop the P10, which sits on a PS Audio PowerBase on the top shelf of my Mapleshade Audio Samson Rack Ver. 3. Like all my other components the P10 sits on VooDoo Cable Iso-Pod footers; as I don't yet have enough the ZLC sits on four Herbie's Audio Lab Iso-Cups with Green Moss Quartz balls.

Sound is very very good. The ZROCK2 is finally FINALLY broken in and sounding fantastic and that is what spurred this whole experimentation. I did this in waves as I found it takes about 12 or more hours after making the plug in and out changes before all the components are again at their best. . . . So the present configuration is only in place about ten hours but I can already tell it's my favorite and tomorrow morning it should "be all it can be" and I bet it knocks my socks off.

Over the last few years with my move back to the small powered amps, the "Z Amigos" of ZBIT, ZROCK2 and ZTPRE, and all the wonderful 25th Anniversary Mods the system has become a bean-stalk climbing beast. I love the "nature" of the sound.

One day I may have another ZLC to put back in that new headphone system. It sounds pretty okay without one so no real hurry. . . and that's good because I am very BROKE after all the changes I've shelled out for. . . .

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #40 - 04/04/19 at 18:59:55

And one final note: the ZLC continues to "seemingly" deliver about 5 more volts into the P10 than it shows entering into the ZLC on the gauge in the back.

Whether this is really happening or not. . . . well I've decided not to worry about it. I consulted several other P10 owners and they didn't seem to feel that it would make any difference. I've gotten pretty good at convincing myself not to worry about certain things so I think I'll succeed in just forgetting about that soon.

IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #41 - 04/04/19 at 20:49:26

Lon,
Great to hear things are coming together for you and things are settling in to sound great. Nice review.

Best,
Scott

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #42 - 04/04/19 at 22:11:02

Thanks Scott. The modded ZROCK2's sound really threw me for a loop and it has been one of the biggest "break-in" processes I've been through. Hopefully I have the best possible sound now with all these components. I'm looking forward to just settling in and listening.

IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #43 - 04/04/19 at 22:40:13

And one final note: the ZLC continues to "seemingly" deliver about 5 more volts into the P10 than it shows entering into the ZLC on the gauge in the back.

Lon: Sounds like meters to me. One component of the other.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #44 - 04/04/19 at 23:01:52

I don't know, I'd like to think so. But. . . both read the same incoming voltage until I connect them together. The P10 believes it is receiving more volts. I don't think it's a big deal but I don't think it's just the gauges.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 04/04/19 at 23:46:10

Given how differently my ZMA biases and the lower operating temperature of the transformers, I suspect something real is going on -- not just a meter inconsistency.  5V would be a big difference too.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #46 - 04/04/19 at 23:54:12

"Something is happening. . . but you don't know what it is. . . do you. . . Mr. Jones."

IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #47 - 04/05/19 at 04:50:45

My ZLC arrives Monday. I think I have small ground loop on my ZP3 because there’s an audible hum when my Torii’s Turned about half way. It’s not audible with music playing but I Think it could be quieter. We’ll see soon.

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

Reply #48 - 04/08/19 at 00:59:51

Received my ZLC on Friday. Plugged it in the wall, connected ZMA, ZP3, Jade, Ambre, Zstage and TT. I just noticed with all the ZLC switches off I can hear a loud hum every few minutes coming from the ZLC, Is this normal? The hum only lasts a couple of seconds and then it stops until the next hum starts. Any thoughts are appreciated.

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #49 - 04/08/19 at 03:28:34

Are you sure it’s coming from the ZLC itself?  If you are certain that it is, I’d unplug everything and see if it hums with just the ZLC plugged into the wall. If it hums with nothing plugged in, contact Steve. If no hum, then plug in one component at a time until you figure out where the ground loop is. Good luck!

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print