Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 03:15:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Emojis Driving me a little Batty (Read 915 times)
will
Seasoned Member

New Emojis Driving me a little Batty
03/07/19 at 23:23:36

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I find the new way of displaying all Emojis, whacking away as I try to write a post, quite distracting. Especially the super "expressive" animated ones. Is there a way to turn these off for our individual browsers. When it was just a few little ones it did not particularly bother me, but now, Ouch!

Thanks,

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Re: New Emojis Driving me a little Batty
Reply #1 - 03/07/19 at 23:38:28

Holy Crap Batman! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 03/07/19 at 23:55:35

will wrote on 03/07/19 at 23:23:36:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I find the new way of displaying all Emojis, whacking away as I try to write a post, quite distracting. Especially the super "expressive" animated ones, is there a way to turn these off for our individual browsers. When it was just a few little ones it did not particularly bother me, but now, Ouch!

Thanks,

Will

I don't know how to eradicate or eliminate them. . . I scoot the window down low enough that they disappear below the horizon. . . . they are annoying I'll grant you that.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/08/19 at 00:30:49

I 3rd that!   Smiley

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/08/19 at 01:56:06

From Lon: Quote:
I don't know how to eradicate or eliminate them. . . I scoot the window down low enough that they disappear below the horizon. . . . they are annoying I'll grant you that.

I can't seem to scroll enough to lose them on my computer!

I like the stable/little ones at times, but I really don't like these big in-your-face things. Maybe just me, but I have a hard time focusing on the information on webpages with auto videos, moving graphics, and pop-ups too. Rather than make me sign up or click on an advertisement, they make me quit the site and avoid coming back. I guess I am too much of a dinosaur, but rather than being interesting or funny, these things really mess with my concentration.

Smiley

Smiley Smiley

Smiley Smiley

Smiley

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 03/08/19 at 11:59:18

Quote:
Rather than make me sign up or click on an advertisement, they make me quit the site and avoid coming back. I guess I am too much of a dinosaur, but rather than being interesting or funny, these things really mess with my concentration.

Will I agree about the crazy animated emojis.  Every once in a while they are appropriate...but can definitely be a distraction.  Just promise that these crazy emojis don’t force you to leave the Decware forum...your input is greatly appreciated and always insightful. 😀

Hopefully my moving vinyl albumn icon doesn’t bother you as much as the crazy emoji banging his head !!

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
rayd
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/08/19 at 13:35:55

Hi Guys, there is a way to stop them. Try hitting your Escape key (esc) on your keyboard. If that doesn't work, search the internet for a browser add-on for your browser of choice.

For me, I use Firefox and just downloaded SuperStop.

With SuperStop added to Firefox, I just press both Shift-esc and the animations stop. If you want to reanimate them, just reload/refresh the page.

Hope this helps.

Decware SE84CS Zen Select, vintage Philips CD880 w/CDM-1 MK2 transport & TDA1541A S1 DAC, Parker 95's, Promitheus Audio TVC Reference 1, Blue Jeans Cables, NOS Tubes, HAL-Os
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/08/19 at 18:11:04

Steve, can you fix this???

As I was typing this I noticed they are gone!   Cheesy

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/08/19 at 18:30:47

Yes! It looks like Steve must have changed the setup back! In Safari and Chrome, going to post a reply, it looks like the old set of emojis below the typing window again. Thank you Steve!

rayd,

Thanks for the tip. I have not used Firefox for years on my Macs, and can't recall why I changed. Been going back and forth between Safari and Chrome, but will check out Firefox again. SuperStop sounds like a really good fixer in general!

Also, based on your suggestion, I had just updated a Safari add-blocker I had, ADGUARD. Apple has gotten pretty intense about security, limiting extensions they allow with Safari, and it is more cumbersome than SuperStop, but AdGuard works on these emojis! Have to select the ones you don't want to block them, but it looks like it remembers blocks for a given website. I cut out the big noisy ones on this page, refreshed, and they stayed gone! May be useful elsewhere.

Dominick,

I always thought your record turning was nice...non-invasive. And thanks, I am really glad to hear my posts can be useful to you!

Happy days!

Will

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 03/08/19 at 21:16:43

I am so disappointed that they are gone (sad smiley face).
I identify as a 14 year old girl and emojis are the only way I know how to show my emotions.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 03/08/19 at 21:53:04

Cheesy  ;D Shocked Roll Eyes

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print