Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 02:11:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If I could clone myself... (Read 5739 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

If I could clone myself...
03/05/19 at 03:43:01

If I could clone myself, I would secretly do it.  Why? 150+ amps to build, 416 e-mails to answer, a web site to keep working and well you get the idea!  As a general rule the amplifier side of Decware runs comfortably at 50% capacity with 2 full time amp builders and one full-time QC guy. After the rather impressive Black Friday sale this year where we sold 86 amps in one day, our build sheet shot up to 150 amps.  It's been 2 months since then and we have increased our production to 4 amp builders, and extra hours for everyone else and we still have 154 orders on the  wall. This isn't because we're all sitting around here playing on facebook... it seems as soon as word gets out that you're swamped, everyone wants one!  God bless all of you!

Steve Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: If I could clone myself...
Reply #1 - 03/05/19 at 09:57:11

I hope it's a great thing that you really have become so busy Steve, hope it is providing you the sort of life and business you wish for.

I know you have a lot on your plate. I still dabble on the Facebook page inviting people to like it etc. even though I'm off the "payroll." I wish that more here could get involved there. But the pages do get some traffic and I'm sure have helped with the growing business.

The waiting time gets long and I find that in discussing Decware with new people that flabbergasts them--they are so used to just ordering a mid-fi component from an in stock warehouse through an audio or big box dealer. And they get . . . something else then a Decware product. But even though every day for the last month I wish I had a ZROCK2 that I ordered four months ago for my new system in that darned room that swallows bass, these products are worth the wait, something hard to understand til you've waited through the long days and have one plugged in and wowing you.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/05/19 at 11:42:58

Steve,

Congratulations on the record setting Black Friday sales.  I remember you saying how difficult it was finding good technicians with soldering skills and it normally takes 2 years for train them properly, so I hope everything works out with your new hires.

While I know you're sweating the order backlog, it's clear you and your team are really working hard to get everyone their orders. I suspect the overwhelming success of the 25th Anniversary Zen amp, 25th Anniversary modifications, and the Black Friday discounts resulted in the tremendous order load you're experiencing now.

Hopefully new customers will come back for more, smoothing out product demand over time and sustaining  your family company for many years to come. I also hope the additional headaches that come with growth are offset somewhat by your knowledge of the immense appreciation and satisfaction your customers enjoy. Peace.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 03/05/19 at 15:15:08

We certainly appreciate your efforts, Steve.  I have 2 items on the production list, and the wait is hard. But I know that is nothing compared to the challenges you and your company face. It has to be very stressful trying to produce in a timely manner and at highest quality. But the end result is tops, in both product and customer service.

Thanks so much!

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/05/19 at 16:06:25

I counted 60 some orders on November 23 alone, mine included. I don't mind the wait either and I feel lucky to have stumbled on to such a great American company! My Decware gear is on almost every day and I don't take it for granted one bit. Thanks Steve and Decware!!

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
Joey

Reply #5 - 03/05/19 at 20:48:59

That's the tacit agreement, if you want mass produced, then go to your local box outlet and grab it. If you want something unique, then do the research and be prepared to wait.

We all know the old axiom, pick two out of three, (price, wait, and quality).  Just cannot have all three.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/06/19 at 17:55:02

A impressed as I am with your creativity Steve, I am almost more impressed by your ability to keep your business going all these years.  Certainly not a easy feat!

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 03/06/19 at 20:45:22

Steve,

If you're going the Cloning angle, why not just go ahead and get two? That way they'll each have more time to enjoy listening to the fruits of their labors? Just a thought... Smiley

Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #8 - 03/07/19 at 13:25:58

I'm glad things have been going so well for Decware - I like to see friends succeed!  :)

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/08/19 at 20:53:37

Growth brings additional problems and stress.
Don't get burned-out, Steve - find time to decompress!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #10 - 03/09/19 at 02:21:35

I appreciate all the kinds words!  No worries, there is no added stress, just extra busy.  We are grateful for the work!  As for growth, the only thing we had to do is fill two empty benches which were already there waiting.  Our back office can easily handle the flow, as I said we typically run at 50% capacity.  We have run 3 of the 4 benches on an off over the years, but this is the first time to run all four : )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
riknbkr330
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 03/11/19 at 21:07:25

Great gear and glad that the business side is doing so well.
Just got my ZP3 last month, and yes the wait was hard, especially after I think the QC process update, but well worth it.

I've been going back through my LP collection (some 700 LPs) and just being gobsmacked by the sound of it all.

I'm glad I found your company and it's products!

Main System:
Decware Rachael; Omega Monitor 7; Omega deep8 sub; Oppo BD-105>Zbit; Rega P5; Dynavector 20X2L;Parks Budgie SUT; Decware ZP3.
Second System: Creek Classic 5350SE; Rega RS1; Dual 1264; Musical Surroundings Phonomena II
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print